lightbulb Rulebook: Potentially misleading and oddly placed passages

23 Feb 2024 14:15 #110772 by Ankha

Hi, got a question.
Oskar Anasov:
During an action, Oskar can burn 1 blood to give a vampire you control +1 intercept.
vs
Maris Streck
Maris can burn a blood to give a blocking minion +1 intercept.

Oskar is limited to doing it once per action?
While Marisa is not limited?

Is there a ruling on this distinction that I can use?

www.vekn.net/rulebook#wording-templates

“During X, do Y”: The “during X do Y” template is used in several cards. When this template is used, only one Y can be done per X with this card. For instance, you may move blood from your vampire to your pool with Vessel only once per unlock phase.

Prince of Paris, France
Ratings Coordinator, Rules Director

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
26 Feb 2024 13:39 #110785 by Ghost1980
Hi,

I believe this is covered by the below general ruling

Rulebook wrote:
“During X, do Y”: The “during X do Y” template is used in several cards. When this template is used, only one Y can be done per X with this card.

More
26 Feb 2024 16:49 #110786 by Palamedes

Oskar is limited to doing it once per action?
While Marisa is not limited?

Is there a ruling on this distinction that I can use?

I'm probably wrong, but I would say that the reason for this question may be that nowhere in the Rulebook is explicitly explained how to use special abilities or abilities on cards in the game. At least I couldn't find a specific sentence. Please direct me if I've overlooked. I just found parts that partially indicate it, as if it goes without saying.

Like:

Wording templates

“During X, do Y”: The “during X do Y” template is used in several cards. When this template is used, only one Y can be done per X with this card. For instance, you may move blood from your vampire to your pool with Vessel only once per unlock phase.

“Lock X to do Y”: These effects require an unlocked minion to be used, they cannot be used by locked minions.

Master Cards

Locations: A location card represents a place (that is a building, a city, or a designated gathering place) that a Methuselah or their minions control. A location card stays in play and may be used repeatedly, even on the turn it is played. Some game effects can burn them.

I guess something like this might help:

CRYPT CARDS

Text box:
The area containing a vampire’s sect (Camarilla in this case), title, special abilities or other attributes. Special abilities are active from the moment a minion is moved from the uncontrolled region to the ready region. Special abilities may be used repeatedly, or under certain conditions (“During X, do Y”; “Lock X to do Y”), or as an action.

More
22 Mar 2024 09:19 #110975 by Hobbesgoblin
New rulebook is out, any new points should relate to the new rulebook and be posted here:
www.vekn.net/forum/rulebook/81308-the-rulebook-is-always-improving-for-rulebook-1-1

More
Time to create page: 0.105 seconds