file Dragons Breath vs. Majesty

13 Oct 2011 12:55 #11928 by Amenophobis

I fixed the link above.

No. It is only usable before resolution of a gun's strike. As in "immediately before".

See also: Immortal Grapple isn't played in the "before range" step, even though we are, by default, at close range in this step.

LSJ clarified: *immediatly before*. That is not the same as *before*. If text means *immediatly before*, it should really say so. It is not intuitive at all. Immortal Grapple is another beast, cause it can only be used at close range *before* strikes are chosen, which leaves a very narrow timing window.

Why do Ammo cards have to behave differently to Wolf Claws (et.al)? Both modifiy the damage from the strike. It would be good to have them work the same.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 Oct 2011 13:11 #11929 by Ankha
Would it be clearer if it said: "Only usable before resolving a gun's strike" ?
I don't think it's necessary to indicate "immediately" or "just before".

"The man put his hat on before going outside." implies that immediate sequencing. He didn't put his hat on hours before going out.

The "only usable" part also stresses the moment the card must be played.

Prince of Paris, France
Ratings Coordinator, Rules Director

More
13 Oct 2011 16:16 #11936 by Joscha
Sorry guys but what are you talking about? What difference is it to wait for the declaration of the opponent's strike and play then the ammocard compared to play it at one's own strike declaration? I mean what difference for a smooth flow of the game? Please enlighten me of an instance where it matters.

Baron of Frankfurt

More
14 Oct 2011 10:35 #11970 by Myrdin

Sorry guys but what are you talking about? What difference is it to wait for the declaration of the opponent's strike and play then the ammocard compared to play it at one's own strike declaration? I mean what difference for a smooth flow of the game? Please enlighten me of an instance where it matters.

Big difference, let me explain:
You have guns on 3 minions, but only 1 DBR (dragon breath rounds) in hand.

You rush a minion and say, my strike is gun, what is yours? opponent plays majesty.

You rush again, say my stike is gun, whas is yours? opponent plays dodge.

You rush a third time, you say my strike is gun, whas is yours? opponent is out of majesty and strikes:handstrike, since there is no majesty or dodge, you modify with DBR and send opponent to torpor.

If you declared DBR before strikes you would have used DBR on the first rush and maybe not had it for later once the combat ends were finished.

Ivan - Prince of Stockholm

More
14 Oct 2011 14:11 #11977 by Joscha
Yes sure, that is the way you play it and a big advantage, right. Now guys above complain why they shouldn't be allowed to play it when choosing their strike, before the opponent's strike. Of what use should that be?

Baron of Frankfurt

More
14 Oct 2011 15:02 #11981 by Mael
Replied by Mael on topic Re: Dragons Breath vs. Majesty
If you know (or suspect) that your opponent will be playing Majesty, you might want to play Dragons Breath to cycle it without losing your gun (as the strike will never resolve). You can't do this.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Joscha

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.092 seconds