file Extrala is wrong (Did you know, that ... (Part 91))

16 May 2012 12:43 #30592 by Megabaja
I would not go that far to call a card badly designed, but I must say that it affects the game play very much, and that some rulings that resulted from usage of this card are illogical ( like, you determine range of the damage dealing effect after you dealt it, or you can play cards in that "before range" step before you prevent the damage from OtH or WC - while this game does not have "stack" )

Ignorance is bliss.
Cypher, Matrix

:trub:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Pendargon, Reyda

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
19 May 2012 11:53 - 19 May 2012 11:55 #30748 by Pascal Bertrand

Can you tell me why the first two are *not* valid in comparison of the third?

- OtH + Maneuver to long + Majesty Disarm => Not valid.
- OtH + Selective Silence + Disarm => Not valid.
- OtH + Fear of the Void Below + Majesty + Disarm => Valid.

Brainfart.Disarm isn't playable as Fear of the Void Below is played (see ruling from LSJ quoted by Ankha).

I'll change Disarm and Pulled Fangs to get this clear. They'll only be usable at close range.
This should answer all the questions:

* Set range to long + OtH : Disarm can't be played (as range is set to long)
* OtH + set range to long : Disarm can't be played (as range is set to long)
* Fear of the Void Below + OtH + set range to close: range can be played (as range is set to close at the end of the round).

Name: Disarm
[Sabbat:R, SW:R, CE:PB, BH:PN, KMW:PAl, Third:R]
Cardtype: Combat
Discipline: Potence
[pot] Only usable at close range at the end of a round of combat in which this vampire successfully inflicted more damage than the opposing vampire. Not usable by a vampire being burned or going into torpor. Put this card on the opposing vampire and send that vampire into torpor. The vampire with this card has -1 strength. He or she may burn this card by burning 3 blood. A vampire can have only one Disarm.
[POT] As above, but the vampire with this card has -2 strength.

Name: Pulled Fangs
[Jyhad:R2, VTES:R, SW:PB, CE:R2, Anarchs:PAG]
Cardtype: Combat
Only usable at close range at the end of a round of combat in which this minion inflicted more damage than the opposing vampire. Not usable by a minion being burned or going into torpor.
Put this card on the opposing vampire, and this minion inflicts 1 point of damage. The victim cannot hunt until this card is removed. Any vampire(s) may burn this card with two +1 stealth actions. If the victim must hunt and cannot, he or she goes into torpor. A vampire can have only 1 Pulled Fangs.

And for the Improvised Flamethrower question, this Disarm / Fear of the Void Below change doesn't affect anything.
If OtH is played at long range (either because range has been set to long or because the default range is long and we're in the "before range is set" step), the Flamethrower explodes.
Last edit: 19 May 2012 11:55 by Pascal Bertrand.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Joscha, Hakuron

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.080 seconds