file Lilith's Blessing... a poor NYC prince simple question

27 Apr 2012 21:32 #28855 by Pascal Bertrand

the only deck where I won't automatically include Lilith would be an Imbued deck :p

Even if it were unique :p ?
The following user(s) said Thank You: Reyda

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
27 Apr 2012 23:59 #28859 by Louhi

the only deck where I won't automatically include Lilith would be an Imbued deck :p

Yet none of your tournament winning decks have it if I'm not mistaken ^^, you did say they were not your best though.

Overall I think that Xaddam has explained very well why lilith's blessing isn't too good. I encourage anyone who does pack it in every deck to try without it and instead put in masters meant only to oust and see how it feels.

Lidingö Scourge

More
28 Apr 2012 06:13 #28873 by Boris The Blade

My main thing with Lilith is that rewards you to go 0 blood which should not be encouraged.

Jake Washington does exactly the same, though, and has never been a problem.

More
28 Apr 2012 07:58 #28884 by Pendargon

My main thing with Lilith is that rewards you to go 0 blood which should not be encouraged.

Jake Washington does exactly the same, though, and has never been a problem.

yeah, but Jake is unique, and burns after you use him. Also, he is useable only in untap phase, so no synergy with blood dolls/ villeins.

Also , he can be stolen, or killed. Lilith's blessing is not even a location. It is Jake on steroids, basically.

:QUI: :POT: :OBE: :CEL: :OBF: :tore: :assa:

More
23 Apr 2013 14:35 #47465 by Reyda

Sorry my friend, no offense but i just stopped reading at this point since it came clear that you never saw the card in action.

Try reading what he writes and answer why he´s wrong instead of going on like this.

Now that the card is banned, the discussion may seem a bit moot, but if I reacted like this, it's because I read Xaddam's claim that most of the time Lilith will probably be used once. (and hence will generate 3 blood/pool)

Sorry if I sounded like a prick but what I see is so different. Hence the " you clearly never saw the card in action".
By "see the card in action" I really meant, the card being abused : most of the time it I saw it, it has generated 6 to 12 pool by just sitting there, ready to be tapped whenever you need it.
I can recall at least one tournament where I was playing Ahrimane wall / Smiling Jack. Both preys had Lilith in play and they managed to survive 2 whole turns against a 4 then 5 pointer smiling jack without spending a single pool. And the vampires did not have to hunt until very late in the game.
As I said earlier, I never tried to play a "you don't know this game" card on Xaddam, but his theory that Lilith is ok since it will generate 3 pool seemed like he never saw it in action. It's a bit annoying to justify everything ( but that's what I'm doing here) but I want to highlight the fact that dismissing an argument is NOT the same as dismissing a player. I know also some poor players which have very insightful opinions on a given game, so the opposite must also be true, especially when we are talking about a single card in a pool of hundreds.
Well I am done, feel free to throw well aimed cars in my general direction :silly:

Imagination is our only weapon in the war against reality -Jules de Gaultier
The following user(s) said Thank You: AaronC

More
23 Apr 2013 20:54 #47485 by TorranceCircle

Put this card in play. As your first master phase action, you may tap this card to search your library for a master: Discipline card and choose a ready non-Bahari vampire you control who has no blood. That vampire gains the Discipline card (if any) and 3 blood and becomes Bahari.

Wedge, this is the first thing I thought of too. It does away with the villein combo and it limits using it multiple times in one turn. I suspect Pascal and the playtesters have already thought of this. If they haven't, then let it be known we have the answer. :woohoo:

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.109 seconds