heart Who Needs More Love? !Brujah, !Gangrel or !Nosferatu?

Poll: Who Needs More Love? !Brujah, !Gangrel or !Nosferatu? (was ended 0000-00-00 00:00:00)

Total number of voters: 0
Only registered users can participate to this poll
07 Dec 2011 18:01 #17467 by Ohlmann

You all slay me. They have awful clan discipline combinations.

Well, I strongly disagree, especially for the !Brujah. (the !Nos discipline seriously lack outing power, I agree, which is a shame since they are otherwise very versatile).

What would be a decent discipline combination in this case ?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
07 Dec 2011 18:31 #17469 by ICL

You all slay me. They have awful clan discipline combinations.

Well, I strongly disagree, especially for the !Brujah. (the !Nos discipline seriously lack outing power, I agree, which is a shame since they are otherwise very versatile).

What would be a decent discipline combination in this case ?

While synergistic, from the standpoint of winning, Celerity and Potence are redundant. Presence has no synergy with either outside of multidiscipline cards.

The most important elements in the game are (largely) missing - intercept, stealth, bleed bounce. Compare with Toreador/!, who get intercept and bounce. There's a reason Brujah (and everybody else who can) play with Dominate all of the time, foregoing Presence, which is the best discipline of the three in isolation. Even then, Brujah have the benefit of Traditions and they still have historically sucked in comparison to other Cammie clans, only achieving a much higher rate of wins in recent years.

Pot/Pre/Obf - vastly better. Cel/Pre/Obf - vastly better. Could even argue for something like Cel/Pot/Ani would be more useful. I'd rather have the Osebo discipline mix than the Brujah/! mix. Vote may be hard to find in the game outside of Presence, but bleed is easy to find.

More
07 Dec 2011 18:50 #17472 by Kraus

I wanted to wait till there were at least 20 votes before commenting.

I have three words for the Gangrel antitribu supporters out there:

Una, Aksinya, Enkidu

Discuss.

Una equals 30 freak drives. Aksinya is basically a Gangrel, not antitribu, and is usually used only as a support vampire for bounces. Enkidu has Potence, and built-in strength of 3.

All of these vampires have nothing to do with, say, city gangrel disciplines. Una is a freaking good vampire, but once again über only if you own those 30 freak drives. Which, say, I don't.

As was already pointed out, 3 vampires out of the whole clan (and none of them are city gangrel) really don't make !Gangrel strong.

The anti-gangrel could really use some extra pool damage methods. :) I don't see them doing much other than pretty decent combat, and having a spesific voter build, as well as some dominate techs.

Also Black Spiral Buddy sucks... :( He's one pool too expensive, if you ask me.

But really, three vampires out of 20 really cannot be used as a too valid argument.

"Oh, to the Hades with the manners! He's a complete bastard, and calling him that insults bastards everywhere!"
-Nalia De-Arnise

garourimgazette.wordpress.com/
www.vekn.net/forum-guidelines

More
07 Dec 2011 18:58 #17474 by Drain
!Gangrel took my preference. They really do need some sort of cohesion enhancement for non-superstar all-in-clan crypts to be playable. This ought to mean some clan card of sorts or dual discipline that they all share, as was pointed out. I suggest it not being a combat card because these tend to be less swingy overall.

One other way would be to augment their cohesion by bridging their discipline differentials, similar to what Lord Ashton did for the Gangrel. A couple of cards like these could turn their disparate crypts into something more pointed.

Predatory Adaptability

Unique Master - Gangrel Antitribu

Put this card in play. You may tap this card to move a blood and a [cel], [ani], [for] or [obf] discipline card from your ash-heap to a ready Gangrel Antitribu you control. You may tap this card to give you an additional discard phase action.

Not overly powerful, instead aiming for versatile.

Pack Bonding
Gangrel Antitribu
+1 Stealth Action

Choose a ready Gangrel Antitribu younger than the acting vampire. That vampire gains a blood and a level from one of the acting vampire's superior disciplines. If this action is sucessful, the acting vampire untaps.

Similar to Sanguine Instruction but with some obvious perks. I like how this works thematically well with Bay and Owl.

Drain

More
07 Dec 2011 19:17 - 07 Dec 2011 19:19 #17476 by Haze
I tried to make a decent :cel: :obf: :pro: City Gangrel deck work for months. It did fine, but was missing that extra kick to make it great and actually win a tournament. Then I switched to Assamites, and concluded that Assamites are so much better because of their awesome clan cards.

yes that's right. !Gangrel are weaker than Assamites.

also, Enkidu < Beast
Last edit: 07 Dec 2011 19:19 by Haze.

More
08 Dec 2011 08:11 #17551 by Lech
!gang! and !bruj! problem lies in fact that :cel: isn't very useful outside combat, and it's role as combat discipline is taken by :pro: and :pot: respectively. Buff celerity and those clans will be way more viable.

:laso: :CEL: :DOM: :OBT: :POT: :cap8:
Sabbat.Black Hand Shakar: Lech loathe ranged weapons. Once each action, he may burn 1 blood to become Camarilla Prince of Krakow until the end of the action.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.118 seconds