heart Who Needs More Love? !Brujah, !Gangrel or !Nosferatu?

Poll: Who Needs More Love? !Brujah, !Gangrel or !Nosferatu? (was ended 0000-00-00 00:00:00)

Total number of voters: 0
Only registered users can participate to this poll
09 Dec 2011 08:55 #17789 by Pascal Bertrand

!Brujah clan cards are good - Dogs of War, Gang Territory, Unexpected Coalition are hot
!Gangrel and !Nosferatu clan cards are bad (except, maybe, Vermin Channel, but then you're using it instead of your built-in obf)

How can Gang Territory be good and Nosferatu Kingdom bad? :P

Gang Territory gives you !Brujahs, Nossie Kingdom gives you !Nossies.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
09 Dec 2011 16:05 #17856 by bakija

TWDA
!Brujah 22 (6 in 2010-2011)

The !Brujah can be the basis of very solid rush decks (CEL, pot, particularly), and with presence, they can oust folks. So not surprising.

!Gangrel 37 (boosted by Aksinya rather than Una, 12 in 2010-2011)

That is certainly interesting. I'm curious (anyone wanna look this up?) how many of these decks are "Gangrel Antitribu" decks, in the sense that the crypt is made up of mostly various !Gangrel, and how many of them are decks that have 5-6 of a single Anti-Gangrel (see: Una, Aksinya, or Enkidu) and otherwise aren't particularly Anti-Gangrelly.

!Nos 27 (2 in 2010, 0 in 2011)

They can do a lot of things that the regular Nosferatu can do nicely (also Rush combat, mostly). And have a few good superstars (Beast, Cailean).

More
09 Dec 2011 16:14 #17859 by Ohlmann

They can do a lot of things that the regular Nosferatu can do nicely (also Rush combat, mostly). And have a few good superstars (Beast, Cailean).

Note that Jacques Molay, despite being very similar to Beast, is far from being as good. I suppose that the 8-cap restriction is too restricting :p (or simply that weenies Brujah are more efficient than weenies Nosferatu, so you are more likely to need Beast than Molay)

More
09 Dec 2011 16:22 #17862 by bakija

That is certainly interesting. I'm curious (anyone wanna look this up?) how many of these decks are "Gangrel Antitribu" decks, in the sense that the crypt is made up of mostly various !Gangrel, and how many of them are decks that have 5-6 of a single Anti-Gangrel (see: Una, Aksinya, or Enkidu) and otherwise aren't particularly Anti-Gangrelly.

Yeah, on checking, about a third (13 or so) of the !Gangrel decks in the TWDA are crypts that are mostly and broadly !Gangrel (i.e. the crypt is, like, 8+ !Gangrel with a few of each or even one of each); the rest of them seem to be decks that are !Gangrel by virtue of having 5 or 6 !Gangrel, of which 4 or 5 are the same minion (Enkidu, Aksinya, Una; Sebastian Goulet and his Advanced version show up as a superstar in 3 or 4 decks). Many of the !Gangrel decks in the TWDA are 4 of a given !Gangrel superstar (Enkidu or Aksinya, generally) and then exactly 1 more completely exchangeable weenie !Gangrel (Denette?), presumably to get to 5 of the !Gangrel in the crypt to count as an !Gangrel deck for TWDA purposes (at least 5 of one clan, no more minions of another clan I think are the requirements).

This isn't, like, a condemnation of anything, just seeing that, in fact, most of the TWDA !Gangrel decks are really only effectively !Gangrel decks by virtue of technicality, rather than !Gangrel decks in spirit.

More
09 Dec 2011 16:24 - 09 Dec 2011 16:25 #17863 by bakija

Note that Jacques Molay, despite being very similar to Beast, is far from being as good. I suppose that the 8-cap restriction is too restricting :p (or simply that weenies Brujah are more efficient than weenies Nosferatu, so you are more likely to need Beast than Molay)

Oh, sure. But Jacques Molay is a 9 cap (i.e. big) and hasn't been around for as long as Beast. And Beast is far more of a bad ass.
Last edit: 09 Dec 2011 16:25 by bakija.

More
09 Dec 2011 16:27 #17864 by Jeff Kuta
It is not worth risking a 9+ cap in rush combat. This is also why Black Annis never sees play. Enkidu as least has Fortitude which helps tremendously your odds of surviving combat.

When you are anvil, be patient; when a hammer, strike.
:CEL::DOM::OBF::POT::QUI:
pckvtes.wordpress.com
@pckvtes
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kushiel

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.116 seconds