heart Who Needs More Love? !Brujah, !Gangrel or !Nosferatu?

Poll: Who Needs More Love? !Brujah, !Gangrel or !Nosferatu? (was ended 0000-00-00 00:00:00)

Total number of voters: 0
Only registered users can participate to this poll
09 Dec 2011 17:22 #17876 by Jeff Kuta

I'm curious (anyone wanna look this up?) how many of these decks are "Gangrel Antitribu" decks, in the sense that the crypt is made up of mostly various !Gangrel, and how many of them are decks that have 5-6 of a single Anti-Gangrel (see: Una, Aksinya, or Enkidu) and otherwise aren't particularly Anti-Gangrelly.

I looked at the TWDA back to about 2005 and here's what I saw (no exact numbers because I was lazy):

With three exceptions, every deck featured either: Una, Aksinya, Enkidu, or Janey Pickman.

Two exceptions were decks which were Embrace hordes backed up by Leathery Hide.
One exception was a Sebastian Goulet bleed deck.

None of them were based on :CEL::OBF::PRO:.

When you are anvil, be patient; when a hammer, strike.
:CEL::DOM::OBF::POT::QUI:
pckvtes.wordpress.com
@pckvtes

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
09 Dec 2011 17:30 #17879 by Izaak

Note that Jacques Molay, despite being very similar to Beast, is far from being as good. I suppose that the 8-cap restriction is too restricting :p (or simply that weenies Brujah are more efficient than weenies Nosferatu, so you are more likely to need Beast than Molay)

Oh, sure. But Jacques Molay is a 9 cap (i.e. big) and hasn't been around for as long as Beast. And Beast is far more of a bad ass.

It's also worth mentioning that Jacques Molay can only rush smaller vampires, which is a very significant disadvantage, even as a 9-cap.

More
09 Dec 2011 19:18 - 09 Dec 2011 19:18 #17906 by bakija

None of them were based on :CEL::OBF::PRO:.

Heh. I guess I gotta win a tournament with my Pro/Obf !Gangrel breed/boon deck now...
Last edit: 09 Dec 2011 19:18 by bakija.

More
09 Dec 2011 19:57 #17916 by Jeff Kuta

Heh. I guess I gotta win a tournament with my Pro/Obf !Gangrel breed/boon deck now...

City Gangrel Connections FTW!

Whoops, that's disciplineless too. ;)

When you are anvil, be patient; when a hammer, strike.
:CEL::DOM::OBF::POT::QUI:
pckvtes.wordpress.com
@pckvtes

More
09 Dec 2011 20:33 #17919 by echiang

Weenie :PRO: gets you 2 votes (per minion) by using and burning Loki's Gift. Add in an Old Friends and that should be enough to pass various Crusade cards.

pckvtes.wordpress.com
@pckvtes

More
09 Dec 2011 20:35 #17920 by echiang

Note that Jacques Molay, despite being very similar to Beast, is far from being as good. I suppose that the 8-cap restriction is too restricting :p (or simply that weenies Brujah are more efficient than weenies Nosferatu, so you are more likely to need Beast than Molay)

Oh, sure. But Jacques Molay is a 9 cap (i.e. big) and hasn't been around for as long as Beast. And Beast is far more of a bad ass.

It's also worth mentioning that Jacques Molay can only rush smaller vampires, which is a very significant disadvantage, even as a 9-cap.

Also, as a 9-cap, you'll probably need 3 turns to bring out Jacques, compared to the hopefully 2 turns for Beast. Jacques' rush restriction prevents him from targeting big vampires (say Arika) and allies. His Valeren is also often wasted. And I think Beast probably has better support (in other vampires in his Groupings) than Jacques does.

pckvtes.wordpress.com
@pckvtes

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.114 seconds