file A proposition to change Lilith's Blessing and Anthelios

13 Dec 2012 13:02 #42798 by Ohlmann

I'd rather see that card recursion was kept as a trick available only for :NEC:-users..

This.

Maybe Ashur tablet are not overpowered. But playing with them is like playing another game, since you can actually adapt your deck content to the situation

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 Dec 2012 15:06 #42805 by Squidalot

If only there were some cards which made possessing the Bahari trait a real negative side-effect...

Yes truly a great design methodology Jeff - which is why the overwhelming majority didn't like it.

More
13 Dec 2012 16:40 #42810 by Jeff Kuta

If only there were some cards which made possessing the Bahari trait a real negative side-effect...

Yes truly a great design methodology Jeff

There are three ways to address problem cards that already exist:

1) Ban them
2) Change them
3) Create new cards that interact with them.

By most accounts on this thread, Lilith's Blessing is a problem. Choice #3 is a great design methodology. In fact, it is the most commonly used one.

When you are anvil, be patient; when a hammer, strike.
:CEL::DOM::OBF::POT::QUI:
pckvtes.wordpress.com
@pckvtes

More
13 Dec 2012 16:43 #42811 by Ohlmann

By most accounts on this thread, Lilith's Blessing is a problem. Choice #3 is a great design methodology. In fact, it is the most commonly used one.

So great and so commonly used that the VEKN is strictly against it. A card that work only against Lillith is a trashy idea.

If Bahari was an expanded trait similar to black hand or red list this would work. But there is more than enough thematics that were only half done, so no need to add a 1/16 done one.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Squidalot

More
13 Dec 2012 16:47 #42812 by Pascal Bertrand

There are three ways to address problem cards that already exist:

1) Ban them
2) Change them
3) Create new cards that interact with them.

4/ Update the Rules (in the case of lilith's blessing, make Bahari Independent, for instance)

Define "great". Pentex is a pain for many decks. Shadow of Taint is one of the best ways to deal with Pentex. Shadow of Taint clearly isn't "great".

Contesting Pentex looks stronger.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Squidalot

More
13 Dec 2012 18:22 #42823 by Jeff Kuta

4/ Update the Rules (in the case of lilith's blessing, make Bahari Independent, for instance)

Define "great". Pentex is a pain for many decks. Shadow of Taint is one of the best ways to deal with Pentex. Shadow of Taint clearly isn't "great".

Contesting Pentex looks stronger.

Yes, very clearly 4/ is a solid option. I think it can be one of the best ways to improve and reinvigorate the game. Your creation of "ballots" to address the game mechanics issues with the Priscus Block was a very good clarification of the rules.

I have also proposed various rules changes over the years--the "Kuta" Transfer Rule, extra options for burning the Edge, and most recently removing crypt cards from the game to gain pool--which are an attempt to solve what I see as global metagame issues or to provide more subtle options to make the game more fun and interesting.

I only used the word "great" in the same respect that Hugh originally did. I strongly believe that new cards can be created to address problems in the game. That's why I do it.

When you are anvil, be patient; when a hammer, strike.
:CEL::DOM::OBF::POT::QUI:
pckvtes.wordpress.com
@pckvtes

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.080 seconds