file A proposition to change Lilith's Blessing and Anthelios

13 Dec 2012 20:44 #42835 by Suoli

How so TWDA?

In 2011 of 258 TWD entries, 59 had Lilith's Blessing, not quite 25%.
Thus far in 2012 of 190 TWD entries, 62 had Lilith's Blessing, almost 33%.

I'm not on a campaign here to change the card, but it is pretty powerful and significantly trending toward more widespread inclusion.

Hence "to a degree".

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 Dec 2012 22:10 - 13 Dec 2012 22:12 #42840 by Kraus

Better players than me have found it not good enough for tier 1 decks. The TWDA and personal experience seems to corroborate to some degree. In this case, my intuition says that many people are evaluating LB incorrectly. :)

I'll just have to disagree here, then. :) Of course my experience with the card is obviously limited, as is my experience with the whole game. I didn't attend the European Championships for example (even though I qualified). I have seen, however, LB power up many already powerful decks and trump stuff that were supposed to be game changing, like blood denial and Smiling Jack. It also hits combat real bad, which I presume many don't see necessary: torporizing a vampire easily becomes indifferent when the rescued vampire tops up 3 blood instead of being forced to hunt.

But yeah, the ideas in my first post are my own, and obviously subjective. It's okay to disagree. :) It's up to the design team to do something about them if they deem it necessary.

"Oh, to the Hades with the manners! He's a complete bastard, and calling him that insults bastards everywhere!"
-Nalia De-Arnise

garourimgazette.wordpress.com/
www.vekn.net/forum-guidelines
Last edit: 13 Dec 2012 22:12 by Kraus.

More
14 Dec 2012 00:25 #42848 by Ohlmann

Well, the thing here is that no deck requires LB to work.

www.secretlibrary.info/index.php?deck=view&id=9000

There is. The aforementioned deck fall apart without LB, and I believe it's an interesting deck, while frustrating for its victims.

More
14 Dec 2012 07:01 #42856 by Klaital

I'll just have to disagree here, then. :) Of course my experience with the card is obviously limited, as is my experience with the whole game. I didn't attend the European Championships for example (even though I qualified). I have seen, however, LB power up many already powerful decks and trump stuff that were supposed to be game changing, like blood denial and Smiling Jack. It also hits combat real bad, which I presume many don't see necessary: torporizing a vampire easily becomes indifferent when the rescued vampire tops up 3 blood instead of being forced to hunt.

Eh how do you do that since the vampire needs to be A) ready and B) empty on your master phase to be legal target for lilith's blessing, and if you rescue it on your turn it is neither.

More
14 Dec 2012 07:18 #42857 by AaronC
It doesn't have to hunt if it is rescued tapped.

I recently played a game in which my predator got to use LB on his Alastored Brujahs because they were either blocked and sent to torpor then rescued on his turn or rescued cross-table. I had a combat deck, and it wasn't easy to send those suckers to torpor when they came in to rush me. LB just undid my work.

I like the idea of Baharis being independent. That would really hurt a lot those fatty decks that don't need the help anyway.

Now if they became independent AND had to have a skill card, even better.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kraus, Chaitan

More
14 Dec 2012 07:26 #42858 by Kraus

Eh how do you do that since the vampire needs to be A) ready and B) empty on your master phase to be legal target for lilith's blessing, and if you rescue it on your turn it is neither.

Sorry, I should've said "When others help you with rescues". This is a scenario I meant.

Bahari being independent is a cool idea, to be honest.

"Oh, to the Hades with the manners! He's a complete bastard, and calling him that insults bastards everywhere!"
-Nalia De-Arnise

garourimgazette.wordpress.com/
www.vekn.net/forum-guidelines
The following user(s) said Thank You: mirddes

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.140 seconds