question-circle Emerald Legionnaire — First Black Chantry Nerf?

22 Oct 2018 19:26 #91385 by DJHedgehog
Psychic Veil: This is stealth and only lasts for the turn. It costs a blood and an action.

Blessing of the Name: You have to be playing Salubri-anti so that's a bad enough downside. Otherwise it's solid. It taps you during the next untap phase so there is a cost.

*As an aside, I love clan specific cards that are powerful or that bend the rules when it comes to card design. Compare Blessing in the Name to Emerald Legionnaires and you may start to wonder why Salubri-anti got the short end of the clan specific stick.

Under Siege: Action and a pool, requires a titled Sabbat vampire, only has 3 charges.

Illuminate: Requires an imbued, has specific caveats to how it works, people can enter combat with you. Probably the closest comparison, still would only apply to your imbued and not all your allies.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
22 Oct 2018 20:25 - 22 Oct 2018 20:27 #91386 by ReverendRevolver
So, let's look at numbers on Legionnaires:

Warning: Spoiler!

Now, it's new and let's HoS win, which is damn exciting, especially since the last physical new set before LK was HttB.
So, let's compare the record of this "too good" archetype since it went legal to an actual top good archetype that people are largely bored with, in the same window of time. June 10 2018 until now.

Now that particular sample took of In 2010/2011 after a big win in December 2009.

Which is still basically a JOKE compared to the poster child of overpowered:

Last edit: 22 Oct 2018 20:27 by ReverendRevolver.
The following user(s) said Thank You: skimflux

More
22 Oct 2018 20:46 #91388 by Klaital
If you want to Sudden events there is a card for it already, it's called Not To Be.

More
22 Oct 2018 21:09 #91391 by ReverendRevolver

If you want to Sudden events there is a card for it already, it's called Not To Be.

Yea, its something I use all the time- to slide pdf cards in front of.

But addressing the lack of being able to actively counter events is only approachable by making it not the only thing a card does.
I've ran Not To Be, and it turned out that if you compare it to Uncoiling, Black hand ritual, or 4th cycle it was like Not to Be was Gift of Experience and the other cards were Epiphany or Legacy.

Events being cancelled by what's already used to cancel masters flows better. I'm not saying the games hurt by events, but if the lack of dealing with them is an issue then practical means trump other things.

More
22 Oct 2018 21:21 #91392 by Klaital
I don't think Sudden Reversal needs to be any more powerful as it is already a very strong card. And if you like those other anti-event cards more you listed, then use those instead? Like I put Uncoiling in most of my tournament decks that don't rely on any events themselves. Sometimes I even have it in decks that have another event (usually Scourge).
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lönkka

More
22 Oct 2018 22:46 - 22 Oct 2018 22:58 #91393 by Bloodartist

I can't name a single card that gives +1 intercept to more than one minion.

Under siege

ps. Reminder to Black chantry: put uncoiling into next bundle products.

But addressing the lack of being able to actively counter events is only approachable by making it not the only thing a card does.
I've ran Not To Be, and it turned out that if you compare it to Uncoiling, Black hand ritual, or 4th cycle it was like Not to Be was Gift of Experience and the other cards were Epiphany or Legacy.

Events being cancelled by what's already used to cancel masters flows better. I'm not saying the games hurt by events, but if the lack of dealing with them is an issue then practical means trump other things.

I agree, cards should have multiple uses to avoid being too narrow to put in your decks.

Also: canceling events is inferior to burning them, since you have to have the cancel in hand already when someone plays an event. Uncoiling you can draw afterwards and its still good. This is just math.

A heretic is a man who sees with his own eyes.
—Gotthold Ephraim Lessing

Last edit: 22 Oct 2018 22:58 by Bloodartist.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.080 seconds