question-circle Emerald Legionnaire — First Black Chantry Nerf?

22 Oct 2018 14:13 #91365 by DJHedgehog

... second, the intercept is only against vampires...

That's literally the name of the game, and it is likely that every game will have several vampires in it. So you're arguing that allies can't block other allies and that makes it balanced?

Look, uncoiling is an "ok" response. And if you think it should be a binary choice then there isn't much I can do to change your mind. Uncoiling has a much steeper downside than unmasking (-1 hand as long as it's in play) and if there are multiple Gehenna cards then it might not even hit the right target and then someone can remove it with a discard phase action. So my only realistic option to interact with unmasking has some significant problems that the person playing unmasking won't have to deal with, and there is a (small) chance it wouldn't even do what you want.

Again, if you can't see why Carlton with +1 intercept isn't a problem, I won't be able to explain why +2 is far more significant than you're letting on.

Please post a decklist that gets to 3 intercept more than once per turn that can win a table. Even the most stealthy bleed decks will get hand jammed and stall out, and being blocked by Carlton doesn't mean you can wear him down since he can just dodge.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
22 Oct 2018 14:31 - 22 Oct 2018 14:32 #91368 by Mewcat
Djhedgehog said ...

To address Tworazorreign: There is no other effect in the game that gives permanent intercept to a group of minions. Sure a lot of things make permanent intercept or transient intercept, but only for one minion. If you can't tell the difference I'm not sure how better I can explain this to you.

…………….

Additionally, those things require actions and blood (retainers), actions and are unique, actions and pool, master phase actions and pool, pool and xfers (vampires with intercept), or actions and extra pool (for allies not named carlton). Those cards are subject to different levels or counterplay (mostly blocking but effects that target retainers and equipment happen from time to time) so far in excess of the options available to unmasking as to not be comparable.

Unmasking is the cheese that stands alone. Nothing else is like it, or even close to it.
Last edit: 22 Oct 2018 14:32 by Mewcat.

More
22 Oct 2018 14:53 #91370 by LivesByProxy
I was recently murdered by ELs while also being milled by three Slaughterhouses, while my predator was able to keep up Erebus and Erlik for blocking but the strange thing was...

I didn't feel bad about getting run over. I felt bad because my own vampires (Nosferatu) were so slow to get up and going by comparison.

I've said it before, but I'll say it again: In My Opinion, the power level of EL is the power-level other clans need to be raised up to. ELs are on par with Govern, Deflection, Freak Drive, Eyes of Argus, etc.

I look at Allies like the Slashers, the Bruisers, and the Knights, and a deep sense of sadness overwhelms me. :(

:gang: :CEL: :FOR: :PRO: :cap6: Gangrel. Noddist. Camarilla. Once each turn, LivesByProxy may burn 1 blood to lose Protean :PRO: until the end of the turn and gain your choice of superior Auspex :AUS:, Obfuscate :OBF:, or Potence :POT: for the current action.
The following user(s) said Thank You: ReverendRevolver, DJHedgehog

More
22 Oct 2018 15:18 #91371 by DJHedgehog

I've said it before, but I'll say it again: In My Opinion, the power level of EL is the power-level other clans need to be raised up to. ELs are on par with Govern, Deflection, Freak Drive, Eyes of Argus, etc.:(

This is something I agree with absolutely. If we agree that the power level of the cards mentioned is where the game should be, then a lot of cards/clans/strategies need to be elevated. If it's too high, then we need to address the outliers.

More
22 Oct 2018 15:42 #91372 by Mewcat
I disagree. First off the difference between asking for a downward adjustment of a card or the upward adjustment or all other cards is largely semantic. We have already agreed that a card is much more potent than others. It is just a spoonful of sugar to make the medicine go down and I have no interest in that. The amount of work required to change many cards is much greater than required to change one and is therefore an inelegant solution.

Secondly, my complaint with EL is not strictly power based. It is non interactive and this is what needs addressed.

More
22 Oct 2018 15:47 #91373 by ReverendRevolver

I've said it before, but I'll say it again: In My Opinion, the power level of EL is the power-level other clans need to be raised up to. ELs are on par with Govern, Deflection, Freak Drive, Eyes of Argus, etc.:(

This is something I agree with absolutely. If we agree that the power level of the cards mentioned is where the game should be, then a lot of cards/clans/strategies need to be elevated. If it's too high, then we need to address the outliers.

Agree times 4 billion.

Imagine if the cardpool of playable cards was increased by changing less playable ones. Not even saying it needs done that way, but just imagine the diversity of strong or even solid decks that could crop up because of such an increase. Other cards being up there with govern and deep song would increase the enjoyability of the game through increased interaction options.
What if Hellhounds were playable? All the allies Brujah get?

Anyway, on topic: I'll be posting analysis on TWD numbers for legionnaires shortly.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lönkka

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.104 seconds