question-circle What would you like to see in a new expansion?

30 Sep 2011 12:45 #11222 by Cooper
Yeah, either a good merged effect, or an advanced effect that works great next to the base effect. That's what i tried to do with the above things. (they were all from the top of my head though)

W

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
02 Oct 2011 08:55 #11313 by porphyrion
multiple groupings for new vampires (eg grouping 1+6) should be included if appropriate. this is easy to add to the cards and requires no new rules as it's self-explicatory.

consequently, if you add an extra grouping to an exisiting vampire's ADV version, you could also see this as an official erratum to the original BASE vampire's grouping thereby addressing a few problems and fixes at once..

More
03 Oct 2011 04:20 #11345 by direwolf
1. THEME FOR EXPANSION?

I'd like to see some more Jyhad type stuff. Take a break from the werewolves and the mages and the black hand and the end of the world. I like to see vampires fighting over mortals and their world. Get back to the basics.

2. NEW GAME MECHANICS?

It would be boring and pointless to print cards that don't add new mechanics to the game. This doesn't mean that every set should add some new type of card text identifier. But to keep the game interesting we always need new mechanics.

Remember when three way cards and dual discipline cards were introduced? Bloodline cards with "outferior" and even (not a discipline) cards were introduced?

The game evolves, and it's pointless to make new cards if we aren't going to keep going with it.

3. NEW CARDS?

I think it would be good to un-wallpaper older cards. People have talked about finishing group 5 and 6 vampires and research something or other. I don't know much about those, but that's a dead horse at this point :)

Take a look at any older card that aren't used. Are there cards that could work in conjunction with them to make them more useful? I've already started a thread about investment cards. I'm sure there are others.

4. FORMAT AND PRACTICAL STUFF

I don't know what will be best legally, but I think the method of releasing cards should indicate how often cards should be released.

If it will be a print-n-play downloadable pdf distribution, then I think small batches of cards can be released more frequently. Rather than closed playtesting, offer public playtesting. Cards can be adjusted based on feedback, with a minimum amount of time and/or feedback submissions before they are cleared for legal play. This method would allow for adjustments of previous cards, and more drastic card text migrations. It might cost more for players to reprint their own copies of revised cards, but allows for more flexible design.

If the game will only be available from a print-on-demand service of professional quality, then I recommend full sets with longer closed playtesting period. From a player standpoint, not much would be different in the time between sets and the availability of cards.

:tore: :pre: :tem: :aus: Independent Futurist. Contrarian (titled, X votes where X is the number of votes as the acting minion.) Target Vitals is always the better combat card.

More
03 Oct 2011 07:31 #11365 by Lönkka

1. THEME FOR EXPANSION?If it will be a print-n-play downloadable pdf distribution, then I think small batches of cards can be released more frequently.

Indeed!
I'd go bonkers if the schedule was 9-18 cards every other month.
(= 54-108 cards annually)

Finnish :POT: Politics!

• Lönkka
  • Antediluvian
  • Antediluvian
  • War=peace, freedom=slavery, ignorance=strength
More
03 Oct 2011 07:37 #11367 by Ashur

1. THEME FOR EXPANSION?If it will be a print-n-play downloadable pdf distribution, then I think small batches of cards can be released more frequently.

Indeed!
I'd go bonkers if the schedule was 9-18 cards every other month.
(= 54-108 cards annually)

I think this is too frequent. Make sure to playtest everything ALOT. Start with 9-18 cards every 4 month or so, a see how it works out.

"My strategy? Luck is my strategy, of course."

More
05 Oct 2011 10:46 - 05 Oct 2011 10:48 #11528 by Andrialfo
Still discussin about the theme of the expansion???? IT SHOULD BE SABBAT, of course.

I am waiting for new tzimisce vampires since 1996 or something like that. It is really necesary to make a new group of GOOD tzimisce. No one plays types 4-5 of these guys and it is not normal at all. So PLEASE try to make more aprofitable tzimisce in this expansion set. Only that.
Last edit: 05 Oct 2011 10:48 by Andrialfo.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.115 seconds