question-circle What would you like to see in a new expansion?

24 Sep 2011 06:13 #10894 by mr. Banks
I agree that Sabbat need some more pushing, but i don't like the idea that they need powerful politics.
politics = camarilla stuff.

I accept that one or two of sabbat clans should have some politics pushing (Lasombra, !Ventrue, maybe tzimisce or !toreador, and, why not, FoS) but i stand firmly that each sect/clan should have its weakness and flavor.
For me it's fine that just camarilla princes and justicars can call Parity Shift.
I play regularly Lasombra Political decks and I think they are pretty strong even without PS. Clearly it's a bit more tricky. But I don' t like the idea that we need to create more cards to solve the weakness of a clan/sect.
Why is nobody calling for a camarilla Abbot?

Also I think that the shoulb be some anarch multidiscipline card to refresh the sect.

Also I don't like the idea of 11-capacity Sabbat vampires. Surely there is need for more sabbat vampires, but I think they should be strong low- to mid-cap vampires with some powerful but tricky abilities.

I support group 6 vampires!

my two cents.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kraus

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
24 Sep 2011 13:48 #10908 by Adonai

Miller, Teacher of Bahari ADV to make him more anti-Bahari,

A 'teacher' of Bahari should be anti-Bahari?

Absolutely not.

More
25 Sep 2011 08:29 #10932 by Kraus

Miller, Teacher of Bahari ADV to make him more anti-Bahari,

A 'teacher' of Bahari should be anti-Bahari?

Absolutely not.

Let's say strong against other Bahari as well as himself being Bahari. :) Nothing to nullify Bahari as such - he is pro-bahari himself after all.

"Oh, to the Hades with the manners! He's a complete bastard, and calling him that insults bastards everywhere!"
-Nalia De-Arnise

garourimgazette.wordpress.com/
www.vekn.net/forum-guidelines

More
28 Sep 2011 11:22 #11083 by Decebalus
I agree with extrala that new cards shouldnt dilute the existing disciplines and also they shouldnt be only better versions of existing cards or cards that can be used to easily. So they should be very special, i.e. only usable by special vampires, clans or other groups. (That is why i have no problems with new creatures, an werewolf action will not change the way vampires are played. - But thats another thing.)

So my idea would be:

THEME:
Vampire Cities

NEW MECHANIC:
At the moment there is one card that has a speciality for one city ("if you control the prince of Paris"). I would like cards, that are limited to the rulers of a city. The cards could be made after ideas of the city books of OWOD. You would get a whole new group of decks, build around one city. The effect could be, that vampires (princes, achbishops and barons) not often played, would be more interesting.

EXAMPLE (shows the idea, is not very good)

MARDI GRASS
Action
Only payable by the ruler (Archbishop, Prince or Baron) of New Orleans
Every vampire you control gets one blood.

More
28 Sep 2011 19:43 #11107 by Ashur

THEME:
Vampire Cities

NEW MECHANIC:
At the moment there is one card that has a speciality for one city ("if you control the prince of Paris"). I would like cards, that are limited to the rulers of a city. The cards could be made after ideas of the city books of OWOD. You would get a whole new group of decks, build around one city. The effect could be, that vampires (princes, achbishops and barons) not often played, would be more interesting.

EXAMPLE (shows the idea, is not very good)

MARDI GRASS
Action
Only payable by the ruler (Archbishop, Prince or Baron) of New Orleans
Every vampire you control gets one blood.

I like this idea. Or masters like Library of Congress or Buckingham Palace that can be put in to play or taken control over only if you control the ruler of Washington and London. But it would be nice if the cards aren´t totally useless when your ruler is burned.

"My strategy? Luck is my strategy, of course."

More
29 Sep 2011 06:03 #11117 by alek
like the idea. It opens new possibilities while not creating new rules. And a concept have WoD background, it's not purely mechanical. The only problem i see is that such card would have very narrow use, only in some very specific decks. But maybe it's not a problem

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.109 seconds