heart I'd love to see 1-3 New Imbued Card in every new set

04 Apr 2014 02:58 #60617 by librarian
Lonkka suggested new Imbued cards on a frequent basis.

I like it. But I'm an Imbued fan.

What I'd like to hear is what kind of new Imbued cards you would like to see?

Maybe a new conviction?

I personally would like at least 1-2 more library cards per virtue and 1 more crypt card per creed.

What say you, oh VTES hive mind?

(Since I can't stop it, bring the Imbued hate - but know that you are like unto a broken record (remember those?) - saying the same thing over and over.)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lönkka, Khalid1988

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
04 Apr 2014 03:03 - 04 Apr 2014 03:05 #60618 by BenPeal
Last edit: 04 Apr 2014 03:05 by BenPeal.

More
04 Apr 2014 05:42 #60619 by Lönkka
I'd go for any kind, but one character and one card of any other type would be sweet (per expansion).

Finnish :POT: Politics!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Khalid1988

• Lönkka
  • Antediluvian
  • Antediluvian
  • War=peace, freedom=slavery, ignorance=strength
More
04 Apr 2014 05:51 #60622 by Von_Polack
A lot of hate towards imbued comes from the copious use of "game-breaking" Gehennas in their decks. Maybe new cards would make other imbued decks viable, lowering the hate towards them?

More
04 Apr 2014 08:47 - 04 Apr 2014 08:47 #60629 by Joscha

A lot of hate towards imbued comes from the copious use of "game-breaking" Gehennas in their decks. Maybe new cards would make other imbued decks viable, lowering the hate towards them?

Whatever new cards you'd like to give them, NOT taking cards that punish only vampires in Imbueddecks is plain foolish, so only few will resist the lure imho.

I think Imbueddecks are already very powerful with the cards they have got. The "permanents" they get with their conviction-cards, the untap after equipping a power (another permanent effect) and the fact, that they don't burn or go to torpor through "normal" combat makes them uber already.

Because of this I don't think we need to pimp them ;) (just my humble opinion of course).

Baron of Frankfurt
Last edit: 04 Apr 2014 08:47 by Joscha.

More
04 Apr 2014 09:34 - 04 Apr 2014 09:48 #60632 by jamesatzephyr

I think Imbueddecks are already very powerful with the cards they have got. The "permanents" they get with their conviction-cards, the untap after equipping a power (another permanent effect) and the fact, that they don't burn or go to torpor through "normal" combat makes them uber already.

Because of this I don't think we need to pimp them ;) (just my humble opinion of course).

Err, I don't see anyone suggesting making them more powerful, just more options.

For example:
- a new Conviction card is somewhat self-limiting, in the sense that if you play Speak with Conviction, it's not outright stacking with Strike with Conviction because playing either one at any given time is a choice.

- you don't have to add lots of permanent cards. There are a number of transient cards already, and you could make more.

- if you want permanent cards, they don't have to be powers. You could have retainers or equipment or allies

- if you don't want things to stack with Gehenna cards, you could add a clause like "Burn this card if you control any Gehenna events"

- if you want more powers, you could prevent them from being played with other cards in play (see Hide/Illuminate)

- if you want more powers, you could make them 'upgrade' an existing Power. "When this Power is put in play, burn a Champion on this Imbued or burn this card." So you get a new option, and possibly a powerful new option, but it doesn't stack with an existing one. You might let them re-acquire it later, but you don't have to ("This minion cannot have a Champion power.")
Last edit: 04 Apr 2014 09:48 by jamesatzephyr.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lönkka, librarian, Khalid1988

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.094 seconds