heart I'd love to see 1-3 New Imbued Card in every new set

04 Apr 2014 09:56 #60633 by alek
I'd hate to see any new imbued cards.
The problem with imbued is not power level (at least not any more, after bans some time ago), it's mechanical problem. Imbued are using separate mechanics which very much differs from normal rules. As a result we have a game within game, which adds a LOT of complication to already very complicated game. It's exacly what we should avoid if we want new players. Additionally Vtes was designed as a vampire game which results in a lot of cards not working with imbued at all. Releasing NoR was the biggest white wolf failure. IMO the best possible approach is to left them where they are
The following user(s) said Thank You: Brum, self biased

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
04 Apr 2014 10:40 #60635 by Pendargon
I'd like to see zero imbued cards ever and forever.

In fact, if all of them suddenly disappeared , i would not shed a single tear.

:QUI: :POT: :OBE: :CEL: :OBF: :tore: :assa:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Brum, Lech, self biased, Pascek

More
04 Apr 2014 11:04 #60637 by self biased

The problem with imbued is not power level (at least not any more, after bans some time ago), it's mechanical problem. Imbued are using separate mechanics which very much differs from normal rules. As a result we have a game within game, which adds a LOT of complication to already very complicated game. It's exacly what we should avoid if we want new players. Additionally Vtes was designed as a vampire game which results in a lot of cards not working with imbued at all. Releasing NoR was the biggest white wolf failure. IMO the best possible approach is to left them where they are

a thousand times this. So many additional rules have been bolted onto the game over the years and the imbued are probably the worst offenders of this. I would be in favor of some pruning and streamlining of the rules, and say goodbye to the imbued.

More
04 Apr 2014 13:04 #60638 by Brum

a thousand times this. So many additional rules have been bolted onto the game over the years and the imbued are probably the worst offenders of this. I would be in favor of some pruning and streamlining of the rules, and say goodbye to the imbued.

What these people said.

More
04 Apr 2014 13:09 #60640 by ReverendRevolver
Crypt cards and thingw making them work in real decks i wouldnt complain to see, if done right.

But conviction cards are a big part of why imbued are broken.

No new conviction.

Ever.

More
04 Apr 2014 16:35 #60647 by brandonsantacruz

Lonkka suggested new Imbued cards on a frequent basis.

I like it. But I'm an Imbued fan.

What I'd like to hear is what kind of new Imbued cards you would like to see?

Maybe a new conviction?

I personally would like at least 1-2 more library cards per virtue and 1 more crypt card per creed.

What say you, oh VTES hive mind?

(Since I can't stop it, bring the Imbued hate - but know that you are like unto a broken record (remember those?) - saying the same thing over and over.)

Are you trolling?

Be careful when you fight the monsters, lest you become one.
-Friedrich Nietzsche

brandonsantacruz.blogspot.com/

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.088 seconds