heart I'd love to see 1-3 New Imbued Card in every new set

04 Apr 2014 17:48 #60649 by Lech
No imbued, ever. I'd like to see them all gone, too.

:laso: :CEL: :DOM: :OBT: :POT: :cap8:
Sabbat.Black Hand Shakar: Lech loathe ranged weapons. Once each action, he may burn 1 blood to become Camarilla Prince of Krakow until the end of the action.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
04 Apr 2014 19:02 #60650 by TorranceCircle

What I'd like to hear is what kind of new Imbued cards you would like to see?

I think cards that facilitate the imbued working with vampires or with specific clans would be interesting. This would mean cards have to be better than "give an ally 1 life" kind of stuff. Maybe an action modifier or reaction, requiring a discipline, that gives an imbued intercept or stealth. You could also have clan specific masters like "if you control a toreador antitribu tap to give an imbued +1 bleed." Or "If you control a tremere, tap to give an imbued +1 intercept." Stuff like this I would like and use. I want to make an imbued deck but I have always wanted to mix with a vampire crypt.

More
06 Apr 2014 17:05 #60696 by ReverendRevolver

What I'd like to hear is what kind of new Imbued cards you would like to see?

I think cards that facilitate the imbued working with vampires or with specific clans would be interesting. This would mean cards have to be better than "give an ally 1 life" kind of stuff. Maybe an action modifier or reaction, requiring a discipline, that gives an imbued intercept or stealth. You could also have clan specific masters like "if you control a toreador antitribu tap to give an imbued +1 bleed." Or "If you control a tremere, tap to give an imbued +1 intercept." Stuff like this I would like and use. I want to make an imbued deck but I have always wanted to mix with a vampire crypt.

I run beatrice and a strike with conviction in several decks, such as germain combat and several mata hari builds. If im torping ready regions, its solid having a 3 bleeder for so little pool sitting around. She also blocks daring the dawn stuff.

But, this is the only reason for imbued to be a thing. Heck, the videogames had Carpenter as a playable character, using risen as his creed. We could have risen, as ive talked on (Amenti tbing was still a joke, though) who can have
Pot cel obf for
And have mental powers similar to
Pre dom dem

Thatd be neat. If the get incapacitated, it could just be an action to put em together and burn a blood.

Conviction for resxue makes them less solid to integrate. Ive ran beatrice with shiloh and wolves, but never did much with that deck due to lack of beatrice copies.

One imbued with vamp helping text and high cost isnt helpful.

A Redeemer with vamp helping combat text would rock, such as being able to prevent 1 damage or grant +1 strength or cancelling a majesty or dominate strike would be thematic with saving things for redeemer or martyr.

A judgement power to punish "traitors" or less outwardly nicey vamps like sabbat, tzimitce, baali, setites, etc could be helpful. Maybe a defender who canget +2 intercept if blocking a d action at a torped or empty vamp?

A hermit who has owain like text where he can skip getting a conviction to give a vamp a blood during untap?

A wayward who can get the jaroslav bonus on melee weapons, but like talbots chainsaw hits an imbued for 2 damage each untap. Heck, make it the Joshua xharacter from the ps2 htr game, give him a build in inf disguised weapon, redlist, +1 damage for melee strikes, no powers, and ability to play base potence, cost 6, and hurt other imbued and we are on oir way.

I think allies are fun and interesting, and since imbued are here, we can use weak imbued to help other allies.

A martyr who maybe has Slave stopping gargoyle text like the g3 tremere, and can tap to reduce gargolye ally and retainer costs?

Other direction, make an imbued who is maybe a slave to a clan needing help, such as Harbingers or a clan thematicaly good at manipulating, like setites or daughters......

Malks get muddled vh, why not an imbued helper? The hunt makes you crazy. Its a very strong theme in htr, and fits good in wod. Really, most white hat characters had setbacks, other than amenti.

So, in conclusion:

More imbued could be good.

They cant be like origional ones, or they arent good.

No conviction

More vamp interaction.

Lots of room for error, so needs to be cautiously done.

More
06 Apr 2014 20:03 #60705 by librarian
I'd like to see library and crypt cards that more fully flesh out each Creed/Virtue so that you really get a flavor for the creeds. Rev Revolver has some great ideas there.

I'm personally not interested in imbued cards that work well with vampires - it's sort of against the theme of monster hunters. Although it might be cool to have some sort of card that gives a vampire a benefit on one hand, but causes it pain, perhaps later.

Such as

Traitor
Action
Vengeance
+1 stealth (D) action
Cost 1 Conviction
Put this card on any vampire with less than full blood. The vampire gains 2 blood.
Burn this card at any time to do 1 point of damage to this vampire.

"What the left hand gives, the right hand taketh away."

Or this:

DropBox
Master, requires Avenger
Place this card in play. Any methuselah may use a discard phase action, a master phase action, or tap a minion to place an equipment card in their ash heap under this card, face down. Players controlling imbued may place equipment from any ash heap. Any mortal may equip a card at random from this card. If they do not meet the requirements of the card, the card is burned.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Khalid1988

More
07 Apr 2014 12:58 - 07 Apr 2014 13:00 #60724 by Khalid1988
I really like librarian's ideas regarding the game. Personally I think there could be even more new convictions to provide variety. Now there is just 3 of them. In the end, many imbued cards or the power effects require that you burn at least one conviction. At the moment I am not sure what that new conviction would be but it could certainly be welcome.

According to the White Wolf Wiki, there are still creeds which are not represented in form of imbueds, which are Waywards and Hermits. One reason for this is probably that according to the lore they are so called "lost" creeds which makes them rare, but perhaps they could have some special bonuses in addition to a small additional cost, like how Salubri vampires have the Scarce cost to represent the fact that there shouldn't be a lot of them under your control at one time without making their acquisition a costly process.

One card type which I would perhaps want the most for imbued would be new types of creed-specific master cards, such as new hunter-lists or other similar masters which would specifically benefit a single creed of imbueds. An existing example of this would be Vigil: The Thin Line which grants Defenders +1 intercept if you tap it. If I'd have to design such a card, here are some ideas:

Safe House Network
Master
Avenger :aven:
Unique hunter-list

Put this card in play. Tap this card to give an Avenger +1 stealth until the end of action.

Zealous Resolve
Master
Judge :judg:

Cost 1 :pool:

Put this card on a ready Judge. This Judge can prevent 1 damage once each round of combat.

I also had ideas of some new imbueds.

Kim "Witness1" Sun (whitewolf.wikia.com/wiki/Kim_Sun)
Visionary
:life6:
Vision, Vengeance, Judgment

Kim may search your library for a card which requires Vision :vsn: as a +1 stealth action. Shuffle afterwards.

Or

Gabrielle "Widow35" Hudson (no WoD reference for this one but just an idea)
Innocent
:life4:
Innocence, Defense

Gabrielle may pay life to cover the blood or pool cost of a location.

Here are some ideas for now. I will post more as they come to my mind. Please give some feedback what you think about these ones. :)

Prince of Tikkurila, known as Teemu P in Lackey CCG
File Attachment:
Last edit: 07 Apr 2014 13:00 by Khalid1988. Reason: correction of some typos
The following user(s) said Thank You: librarian

More
07 Apr 2014 13:10 #60725 by kombainas
There are still werewolves, mummies, wraiths and mages not yet represented in VTES. For a reason. Sorry, for being rude, but it is rather easy to figure why.

Imbued, as a lot, seemed to be a fresh idea for a game which is about vampires. Too bad that their stench is strong enough to make A-grade decks all on their own, while indiscriminately nuking core "players" in VTES - vampires.

Of course, loving or hating imbued is a matter of opinion, however the game should stay focused on vampires and refrain from accurately representing the whole world of darkness. It is already cluttered with (pointless) conviction mechanics. Please, do not encourage the cluttering further.

!malk! :OBF: :DEM: :cel: :cap6: Sabbat. If this vampire's bleed is successful, he laughs manicly and untaps.
The following user(s) said Thank You: self biased, Pascek

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.088 seconds