heart I'd love to see 1-3 New Imbued Card in every new set

09 Apr 2014 05:19 #60793 by PetriWessman

Of course, loving or hating imbued is a matter of opinion, however the game should stay focused on vampires and refrain from accurately representing the whole world of darkness. It is already cluttered with (pointless) conviction mechanics. Please, do not encourage the cluttering further.

The game is, has, and will always be focused on vampires.

Fleshing out a little some cards/mechanisms that already exists won't hurt that focus.

Exactly. Giving the Imbued some more options would be goof for everyone. I've seen some players over here build some quite innovative Imbued decks, but the low number of available cards limits the options. I'd love to see some more variety, even though I don't much play Imbued myself.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
09 Apr 2014 05:28 - 09 Apr 2014 05:35 #60794 by Timo

Giving the Imbued some more options would be goof for everyone. I've seen some players over here build some quite innovative Imbued decks, but the low number of available cards limits the options. I'd love to see some more variety, even though I don't much play Imbued myself.

Actually, I would rather have the necessary energy/time needed for developping new cards spent in other things which are "also" lacking like red list, samedi etc...

And when I say "also", I don't think that having 1-2 viable options can be considered "lacking". For example, !toreador don't have much options except for palla grande things and I don't think a lot of people consider them as "lacking" ...

The problem with mechanics which have allready at least 1 strong option is that if you want to diversify, you have to be very carefull because the option you add will also add to the allready strong 1 option...

strong example is giving brick by brick to gargoyle is a good idea to help gargoyle which don't have much to say. BUT, it also gave it to tupdog which have a VERY good synergie with the already strong combat package available to them...
Last edit: 09 Apr 2014 05:35 by Timo.

More
09 Apr 2014 12:28 #60809 by ReverendRevolver

Giving the Imbued some more options would be goof for everyone. I've seen some players over here build some quite innovative Imbued decks, but the low number of available cards limits the options. I'd love to see some more variety, even though I don't much play Imbued myself.

Actually, I would rather have the necessary energy/time needed for developping new cards spent in other things which are "also" lacking like red list, samedi etc...

And when I say "also", I don't think that having 1-2 viable options can be considered "lacking". For example, !toreador don't have much options except for palla grande things and I don't think a lot of people consider them as "lacking" ...

The problem with mechanics which have allready at least 1 strong option is that if you want to diversify, you have to be very carefull because the option you add will also add to the allready strong 1 option...

strong example is giving brick by brick to gargoyle is a good idea to help gargoyle which don't have much to say. BUT, it also gave it to tupdog which have a VERY good synergie with the already strong combat package available to them...

I agree very strongly on most of this. Especially the gargoyles. Non slave crypt support and ways to not die (improving thier game and pool retention, and also not helping tupdogs) so, armor of terra is cool, but permanent + strength, ways to not pay into an oust for retainers and allies, and solid reaction card, amd i mean one on par with predators communion/eyes of argus/stsw for garfoyles in order to be playable and keep deck slots free. So an untap intercept card maybe with outferior fortitude ability as well for helping non slaves. But gargoyles have a big xeypt selection for being bloodline, but very minimal playability. Makimg more crypt cards, or non slave adv versions of existing cards is a step. Gangrel and HoS need help too.
Imbued was the topic here, though, and since they exist, they can be used to fill holes possibly. But other (see:vampire) areas of the game need more attention.

More
09 Apr 2014 22:43 #60827 by brandonsantacruz
Southern pride
Master
Gain x pool where x is the number of ready slaves you control.

Be careful when you fight the monsters, lest you become one.
-Friedrich Nietzsche

brandonsantacruz.blogspot.com/

More
10 Apr 2014 01:20 #60829 by Ke.
Gain x pool where x is the number of ready slaves you control *above 1 capacity*.

More
10 Apr 2014 05:14 #60830 by Timo
Just to remind that it was just an example, the main subject is still Imbued ^^
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lönkka

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.121 seconds