heart I'd love to see 1-3 New Imbued Card in every new set

07 Apr 2014 18:18 #60735 by ReverendRevolver
The clutter is here, all we can do is (and remember, either of these im fine with):

Not do anymore imbued anything

Or

Only do imbued that relate amd are playable as vamp support. Like Nagaraja support vamps, but imbued.

Never. More. Conviction. Ever.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
07 Apr 2014 19:09 #60739 by librarian
Rev -

I don't understand your vehement reaction to the idea of new conviction cards. Why? Something that is of the same power level as the existing conviction cards, or even weaker, but with different flavor.

Example:
Armor of My Own Convictions
Conviction
Burn this card to prevent 2 points of weapon damaage.
Remove this card from the game to prevent 3 points of hand damage inflicted by a monster.

More
07 Apr 2014 19:12 #60740 by librarian
Who would play a game that used Imbued in their own game?

I might if there were at least 3 times as many more cards.

Or perhaps this could be the direction a 2 player variant could go...
Hunter vs Monster.

More
07 Apr 2014 20:31 #60742 by AaronC
Disclaimer: I am not personally horrified by the Imbued, but I think that the game right now would be better off if Nights of Reckoning were banned from tournament play.

However: I think that the Imbued mechanic could be better used to explore other WoD settings instead of getting more Imbued. Look, I influenced out my cool Mage/Werewolf/Whatever!

More
07 Apr 2014 22:50 #60747 by Juggernaut1981
The problem I have with Imbued and the Conviction Mechanic is how it ruins the 'slowly declining resources' aspect of VTES.

If NoR became it's own game and effectively the Vampires became Allies in a NoR game... then no problem. But that game would have a very different play mechanic and probably NOT have the slowly declining resources as a core mechanic. I don't think NoR fits within the rest of VTES very well at all, and I don't think more cards would solve that.

:bruj::CEL::POT::PRE::tha: Baron of Sydney, Australia, 418
The following user(s) said Thank You: porphyrion

More
08 Apr 2014 07:11 #60760 by Lönkka

Of course, loving or hating imbued is a matter of opinion, however the game should stay focused on vampires and refrain from accurately representing the whole world of darkness. It is already cluttered with (pointless) conviction mechanics. Please, do not encourage the cluttering further.

The game is, has, and will always be focused on vampires.

Fleshing out a little some cards/mechanisms that already exists won't hurt that focus.

Finnish :POT: Politics!
The following user(s) said Thank You: librarian, Khalid1988

• Lönkka
  • Antediluvian
  • Antediluvian
  • War=peace, freedom=slavery, ignorance=strength
More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.106 seconds