file Ideas for crypt Sabbat cards

12 Aug 2011 20:18 #8024 by Juggernaut1981
:PRO: Body flare, Claws of the Dead, Earth Meld, Flesh of Marble, Form of Mist, Homonculus, Rapid Change, Wolf Claws.

:VIC: Blood of Acid, Body Arsenal, Chiropteran Marauder, Horrid Form, Soul Decoration

:THA: Blood Fury, Blood of Sandman, Blood Rage, Crimeth Inc, Flames of the Netherworld, Magic of the Smith, Perfect Clarity, Rutor's Hand, Rego Motus, Weather Control.

There is a LOT of additional firepower in :THA:, but the question was never "Is THA powerful" but "Should a powerful vampire get the additional power of :THA: compared with getting :PRO: or :VIC: and potentially fitting into other deck types.

:bruj::CEL::POT::PRE::tha: Baron of Sydney, Australia, 418

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 Aug 2011 22:59 #8026 by Klaital
I don't see him as a powerful vampire, I see him as a 10 cap with no title or multiacting capabilities and thus likely to be wallpaper that never gets played.

More
13 Aug 2011 01:12 #8033 by Juggernaut1981
And I entirely disagree with your myopic perception of this particular large-cap vampire.

The Rachel Brandywine decks, the Unnamed decks and Cesewayo decks don't really 'multiact' with classic multiacting disciplines. The Unnamed and Rachel in particular run Homonculus specifically for untapping out of turn. Your bald assertion that you'd never run a deck with a 10-cap without Fortitude (basically) just highlights the narrow view you have on power in this game.

:bruj::CEL::POT::PRE::tha: Baron of Sydney, Australia, 418

More
13 Aug 2011 15:56 #8066 by Ankha
I'm a bit late, but first I'd like to say thumbs up for the art choice. There are some slight wording mistakes and from what I read there's already been some adjustments, so I won't comment the cards themselves (unless a new version is posted). But from a general point of view, all seemed very balanced. Great job!

Prince of Paris, France
Ratings Coordinator, Rules Director

More
13 Aug 2011 16:37 #8067 by KevinM
And I agree with your assessment. It's perfect.

Oh, wait, who am I replying to?

This is why to use the 'QUOTE' function when posting.

Kevin M., Prince of Las Vegas
"Know your enemy and know yourself; in one-thousand battles
you shall never be in peril." -- Sun Tzu, *The Art of War*
"Contentment...Complacency...Catastrophe!" -- Joseph Chevalier
Please visit VTESville daily! vtesville.myminicity.com/
Facebook: www.facebook.com/groups/129744447064017

More
13 Aug 2011 17:41 #8068 by Suoli

But the thing I want to avoid is making him super-poweful, and giving him the ability to use THA theft (and other THA tech) seems like you'd be setting him up far too well.

I agree with Klaital's sentiment, if not his rhetoric. Spending 10 pool and transfers to get a free 3-cap with no superior disciplines once per turn isn't that great. 10-caps need to be pretty special before they see play. Maybe you should give him OBF and have Kindred Madmen hand out optional rushes to him in addition to the +1 strength.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.103 seconds