file Ideas for crypt Sabbat cards

13 Aug 2011 21:28 #8074 by Juggernaut1981
They can hand the strength to ANY !Mak (read the text carefully) AND they're Non-Unique so you can have big swarms of them like the Hordes or the Mexico Circle. Make sure you take that into account when you look at the interaction between the two. I'd still advocate that any change should be :PRO:

:bruj::CEL::POT::PRE::tha: Baron of Sydney, Australia, 418

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 Aug 2011 05:32 #8079 by Suoli

They can hand the strength to ANY !Mak (read the text carefully) AND they're Non-Unique so you can have big swarms of them like the Hordes or the Mexico Circle. Make sure you take that into account when you look at the interaction between the two.

I did. I still think there's better and cheaper ways to buff your strength.

I'd still advocate that any change should be :PRO:

You could add :PRO:, :DOM:, :PRE:, :FOR:, :NEC: and :ANI: and he still wouldn't be significantly more powerful in function. What makes 10-caps worth playing are the great permanent abilities, not the disciplines.

More
14 Aug 2011 11:15 #8093 by Pendargon

You could add :PRO:, :DOM:, :PRE:, :FOR:, :NEC: and :ANI: and he still wouldn't be significantly more powerful in function. What makes 10-caps worth playing are the great permanent abilities, not the disciplines.

I politely disagree with you, and i think, so do these 10-caps which i have seen regularly played for their disciplines and titles alone, and their text as a cornercase thing :

Angelica, The Canonicus
Ayelea, The Manipulator
Lucian
Nefertiti
Ulugh Beg, The Watcher
Lucinde Alastor
Madame Guil
Marcus Vitel,
Rachel Brandywine
Luca Italicus,
Melinda Galbraith
Servius Marius Pustula
Unmada
Alonso Petrodon

And i guess, a few others...

:QUI: :POT: :OBE: :CEL: :OBF: :tore: :assa:

More
14 Aug 2011 11:37 - 14 Aug 2011 11:42 #8095 by Klaital

I politely disagree with you, and i think, so do these 10-caps which i have seen regularly played for their disciplines and titles alone, and their text as a cornercase thing :

Angelica, The Canonicus
Ayelea, The Manipulator
Lucian
Nefertiti
Ulugh Beg, The Watcher
Lucinde Alastor
Madame Guil
Marcus Vitel,
Rachel Brandywine
Luca Italicus,
Melinda Galbraith
Servius Marius Pustula
Unmada
Alonso Petrodon

And i guess, a few others...

Each of those vampires has title of at least 2 votes, most of them are princes or jusicars (hello 2nd tradition and parity shift). The whole point of where this argument started from is that the lord of madness as he is now with crap discplines, no title, no +bleed, and nothing terribly interesting to make up for those lacks, is a total wallpaper vampire. If you make him say a cardinal, he would already look much more interesting.

EDIT: Well, Nefertiti and Servius don't have titles, Nefertiti has DOM and +1 bleed though (and has quite a lot of friends with dominate in the group 2 setites also), Servius imo just sucks.
Last edit: 14 Aug 2011 11:42 by Klaital.

More
14 Aug 2011 12:31 #8097 by Suoli

I would include titles in the category of permanent abilities.

Rachel Brandywine

Being the only Malkavian with PRO, I agree that she is an exception to the rule.

Servius Marius Pustula
Unmada

This is besides the point but any kind of hand management tech on a crypt card is really, really powerful.

More
14 Aug 2011 14:35 #8108 by Ankha

And I agree with your assessment. It's perfect.

Oh, wait, who am I replying to?

This is why to use the 'QUOTE' function when posting.

Original post, no need to quote. The message is explicit.
oh wait, yours isn't. Who were you answering to?

Prince of Paris, France
Ratings Coordinator, Rules Director

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.160 seconds