file Most failed and best implementation of the Lore into Vtes

06 Jan 2012 16:27 #20146 by echiang

The worse for me is the fact that there were almost no Tremere Antitribu outside of a single Chantry.

The Blood Brother are a by-product of !tremere, so they seem to be at least a bit more than a single chantry.

Actually the Blood Brothers were a joint effort by the Tremere Antitribu and the Tzimisce.

But, yes, thaumaturgy is not kindly loved, especially black thaumaturgy which both Tremere and !Tremere have done on big scale.

As opposed to Koldunic Sorcery and all the Tzimisce connections to the demon Kupala? B)

ANd they is the whole problem of them being close to all destroyed between Sabbat and Sabbat war ...

In which case there would be no more Ahrimanes either.

And they'd have to give a "screw you" to the Ravnos players after a couple of years.

And after Gehenna, everyone's dead!!! :evil:

pckvtes.wordpress.com
@pckvtes

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
06 Jan 2012 16:31 #20147 by echiang

Tbh I think the main problem with the representation of the hunters (and werewolves and mages and other crosspver creatures) is that they seem done a bit "half-assed", theyre games with a similiar amount of lore as vampire and just crowbaring them into the game is...well....not handled as well as it could have been.... Id have loved to see more done with werewolves... :)

Well that happens with each game line. Each game focuses on their supernatural as the protagonists, and the other supernaturals are around, but clearly aren't that powerful.

In Werewolf, a couple of werewolves could easily take out millenia old Methuselahs (because there are Wyrm forces far more powerful than even that).

In Mage, the most powerful vampiric Thaumaturge or werewolf shaman can't really compare to the ability to completely alter reality (with true magic).

pckvtes.wordpress.com
@pckvtes

More
06 Jan 2012 16:35 #20148 by Lech
After gehenna, there is fourth cycle. One can assume that gehenna was not successful at all (yes, many vampires perished during those nights, yes, caitiff became scarce, yes, vampire society was hurt - but many vampires survived).

I am ok with screwing up :ahri:, !trem! and :ravn:

:laso: :CEL: :DOM: :OBT: :POT: :cap8:
Sabbat.Black Hand Shakar: Lech loathe ranged weapons. Once each action, he may burn 1 blood to become Camarilla Prince of Krakow until the end of the action.

More
06 Jan 2012 16:39 #20149 by Ohlmann

As opposed to Koldunic Sorcery and all the Tzimisce connections to the demon Kupala?

Well, I may be wrong, but :
* nobody really know about what is Kupala (isn't he a powerful umbra spirit ? Not that it's much better than a demon ...), except the PC of some campaign.

* one of the reason for which they were accepted is the fact that the Drakon were against it. So, since the Drakon embodies what the sabbat work against ...

Lech : the fourth cycle is not in the RPG. It's a VtES-only thing.

More
06 Jan 2012 17:30 #20155 by Lech
It is, but isn't vtes continuation of only source of new content ? Heck, we don't know which version of gehenna was correct, maybe none of them ?

Concept of fourth cycle obviously come from destruction of first city and second city, each of those had survivors, why destruction of "third city" be any different ?

:laso: :CEL: :DOM: :OBT: :POT: :cap8:
Sabbat.Black Hand Shakar: Lech loathe ranged weapons. Once each action, he may burn 1 blood to become Camarilla Prince of Krakow until the end of the action.

More
06 Jan 2012 17:51 #20159 by Miasmat

caitiff became scarce

I'm suddenly liking the idea of Caitiff getting the Scarce keyword. Sure it's a 1-cap, but you might have to pay 3/6/9 extra pool for the Scarce penalty if you bring out too many of them!

It made me chuckle...

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.091 seconds