file Most failed and best implementation of the Lore into Vtes

06 Jan 2012 14:43 #20123 by Ohlmann

Most people will conveniently discount a couple of sourcebooks (all these are good *except* for X, Y, and Z) - Gehenna doesn't count, or let's discount Dirty Secrets of the Black Hand.

Then again, it's impossible to take every supplement at face value without a lot of interpretation. Berlin by night talk about embracing snakes, while some book explicitly say it can't be done, for the ur-example.

Both Gehenna and Dirty secret of the black hand are prime example of hard to integrate book. For example, the souleater seem to disappear completely, and some of the hypothesis in Gehenna are contradictory (and can appear ridiculous for some peoples that happen to include me)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
06 Jan 2012 14:54 #20126 by Brum
The worse for me is the fact that there were almost no Tremere Antitribu outside of a single Chantry.
:THA: is very, very discriminated in the Sabbat.
That's what the Inquisition is for.

So, !trem! Archbishops and Cardinals?
Don't think so.

More
06 Jan 2012 15:00 #20129 by Ohlmann

The worse for me is the fact that there were almost no Tremere Antitribu outside of a single Chantry.

The Blood Brother are a by-product of !tremere, so they seem to be at least a bit more than a single chantry.

But, yes, thaumaturgy is not kindly loved, especially black thaumaturgy which both Tremere and !Tremere have done on big scale.

ANd they is the whole problem of them being close to all destroyed between Sabbat and Sabbat war ...

More
06 Jan 2012 15:11 #20130 by echiang

Then again, it's impossible to take every supplement at face value without a lot of interpretation.

Agreed. Especially since:

1. Some sourcebooks are intentionally contradictory
2. Some sourcebooks were created at odd times or by odd authors/editors
3. Some sourcebooks used ideas that were later dropped
4. Some sourcebooks had authors who didn't do their homework

Berlin by night talk about embracing snakes, while some book explicitly say it can't be done, for the ur-example.

Don't forget about the Nazi vampires!

Both Gehenna and Dirty secret of the black hand are prime example of hard to integrate book.

Agreed.

For example, the souleater seem to disappear completely, and some of the hypothesis in Gehenna are contradictory (and can appear ridiculous for some peoples that happen to include me)

The Gehenna sourcebook provides 4 entirely different scenarios (which are inherently sort of contradictory to each other).

pckvtes.wordpress.com
@pckvtes

More
06 Jan 2012 15:17 - 06 Jan 2012 15:18 #20132 by Lech

Warning: Spoiler!
It's almost kind of like interpreting or rewriting the Bible - most people think they are right.

But I am right!

Warning: Spoiler!

But seriously, i would love vtes 2.0 with more minion-phase based gameplay and more interaction on the table, and more room for detail (for example getting rid of default sect, default strength, default bleed, give us 60 pool and make vampires "capacity" between 3-20, introduce group combat and make combat more detailed and fun).

@Ohlmann: Guruhi one, making them full clan.

:laso: :CEL: :DOM: :OBT: :POT: :cap8:
Sabbat.Black Hand Shakar: Lech loathe ranged weapons. Once each action, he may burn 1 blood to become Camarilla Prince of Krakow until the end of the action.
Last edit: 06 Jan 2012 15:18 by Lech.

More
06 Jan 2012 15:29 #20135 by wastaz

Imbued?

Tbh I think the main problem with the representation of the hunters (and werewolves and mages and other crosspver creatures) is that they seem done a bit "half-assed", theyre games with a similiar amount of lore as vampire and just crowbaring them into the game is...well....not handled as well as it could have been.... Id have loved to see more done with werewolves... :)

Also, the !Tremere annoys me so much that I can hardly put it into words.

Its kind of interesting though that no one has yet mentioned the politics system. Sabbar archbishops and camarilla princes actually "voting" in a referendum instead of trying to eat each others faces? Very unlikely.

Also, assamite combat. Enough said. ;)

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.098 seconds