file Most failed and best implementation of the Lore into Vtes

10 Jan 2012 17:40 #20490 by ReverendRevolver
Lhiannan would be an interesting implementation. i agree that to properly use them would require Ogham being implemented, but there always clan specific cards, or maybe ANI PRE combo cards (had to look up their in-clans...)that require bahari. lots of clunk, i guess, and we are still an OOP game. maybe someday...
as for necro, its better than abo in my opinion just by shambling hordes. i'm a huge abo fan tho... stealth, bleed pump, intecept, block fails, untap/intercept, +strength, agg hands, additional strikes, and weird taking the skin stuff... due to so few cards existing for them, they have little in the way of absolute unplayables.
i only think necro should be better because of all the paths and such that go into it, just like thaum does alot because its compensating for many powers in one discipline, i feel nerco should do at least a hair more.
i say all of this as someone who isn't a fan of necro, though. i assume that someone who actually likes the giovanni (not me...) would be even happier to see necro get love.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 Jan 2012 18:41 #20498 by Lönkka
Isn't Wake with Evening's Freshness a Thaumaturgy ritual?
(which would mean a guarded secret)

Yet released as a card requiring no discipline.

Oh well, the name of the card idoes sound really cool...

Should Thaumaturgy rituals be added to the game?
Perhaps along the lines of Stirga and Maleficia?

Finnish :POT: Politics!

• Lönkka
  • Antediluvian
  • Antediluvian
  • War=peace, freedom=slavery, ignorance=strength
More
10 Jan 2012 18:55 #20500 by ReverendRevolver
would be really clunky even if we weren't currently OOP to make rituals their own thing. streamlining thaum was solid for rules of a cardgame. and yes, i think wake with evenings freshness is, and i think recure of the homeland is too. names used corresponding to cards isn't my beef though, otherwise movement of the mind would be an action that gave you a maneuver and or press and or flight... there was alot to the rpg

More
10 Jan 2012 19:13 #20501 by Lech
Rituals should just get ritual keyword, not their own action type.

:laso: :CEL: :DOM: :OBT: :POT: :cap8:
Sabbat.Black Hand Shakar: Lech loathe ranged weapons. Once each action, he may burn 1 blood to become Camarilla Prince of Krakow until the end of the action.

More
10 Jan 2012 21:34 #20537 by Ohlmann

Lhiannan would be an interesting implementation.

Frankly, I am happy thinking Ahrimane are Lhiannan. They are more or less the same concept, just with Liannan being even less viable (when you are attached to specific monument in the wild, being the annemy of Gangrel is not the brightest idea)

More
11 Jan 2012 17:21 #20608 by ReverendRevolver
ANI and PRE makes both clans very vtes-similar, and the fact that they have a backstory involving spirits of some sort and eventually vanish, having only been a blip on the radar make them even closer. the only issue is that ogham and spiritus aren't really that similar. ahrimane protectorate has some "defend the forest" flavor, in a sense (although the only forests that are locations i can think of in vtes are malk and sabbat aligned....) but thats about as close to ogham as we're likely to get.
the guruhi and ahrimanes both have ANI and Pre, so i guess thats as close as we're getting right now to having lhiannan.
I just think that having Lamia would have been incredibly easy to implement, and still would be in another LoB sort of set. there are already african harbingers, afterall. and now bahari is a keyword. easy. if we get more bloodlines sets...

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.101 seconds