file CCP and MMO

26 Jul 2011 08:57 #6810 by Karo
CCP and MMO was created by Karo
/rant on
With the making of the new MMO based on the WoD and Masquerade and not the lame Requiem there should be the question of the VTES production again!
Would we accomplish anything if we make a petition or a statement to CCP about that? Or is everything lost because the license for the mechanic isn't theirs in the first place. I just wanted to see if the community can do anything for our beloved game? VEKN is great at organizing the players around the world and we could at least give our tribute.

MMO will bring a lot of new people to the WoD and Masquerade, it would be a sad fact that one of the things they could profit from is shut down and it has a loyal gaming community!

I know there has been a lot of talks before about the production I just wanted to give my 2 cents and see if I can do something before it's too late. :)

/rant off

klubtitanatlas.hr/

former NC for Croatia

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
26 Jul 2011 10:14 #6812 by Brum
Replied by Brum on topic Re: CCP and MMO
VEKN (and non-VEKN volunteers) are on it since the day CCP decided to stop producing VtES.
Lots of people think that the interest in the MMO might sparkle a resurgence of VtES.

I personally doubt it.
Since MMO's came out I see a huge drop in people playing Strategy Games of all sorts "in real life".
Maybe Portugal is a country where this happens due to its cultural and social vicissitudes.
EVE Online's CCG never really got from the ground, I think, and CCP having to pay Hasbro (and maybe Richard Garfield) for the rights of the System are our worse obstacles.

Of course there's an unexpected ally we can summon: Richard Garfield himself.
On several times and on several media, he has stated that he still enjoys games of VtES with his friends and he has a soft spot for the game.
There is a legendary Podcast of his radio show where he answers questions from listeners and one of them was what he didn't agree in MtG and VtES.
He went on and on with things he didn't agree in MtG.
His answer in VtES: Imbued.

Regretfully I was never able to retrieve the link for this Podcast again :(

TB
The following user(s) said Thank You: Karo

More
26 Jul 2011 10:49 #6815 by bakija
Replied by bakija on topic Re: CCP and MMO

/rant on
With the making of the new MMO based on the WoD and Masquerade and not the lame Requiem there should be the question of the VTES production again!
Would we accomplish anything if we make a petition or a statement to CCP about that? Or is everything lost because the license for the mechanic isn't theirs in the first place. I just wanted to see if the community can do anything for our beloved game? VEKN is great at organizing the players around the world and we could at least give our tribute.

Well, see, the thing is that CCP apparently wants to move completely away from anything that isn't a computer based product. Which is one of the reasons that they killed VTES in the first place. And if VTES becomes something that is desirable as the result of a successful MMO game, it seems likely that WotC would notice this and want even *more* money to sell the mechanical rights back to CCP, and CCP didn't want to pay the money that WotC wanted when VTES wasn't desirable and linked to a successful MMO.

It seems like an awful lot of math that adds up to "yeah, unlikely to happen".
The following user(s) said Thank You: Karo

More
26 Jul 2011 11:02 #6816 by Karo
Replied by Karo on topic Re: CCP and MMO
I understand and it's just sad. :( Since I heard about MMO I thought there is something about this game that could attract new investors, but it seems only time will tell about VTES future... I just hope that in 2 years from now when the MMO will be out that somebody at CCP will remember VTES and think at least about production...

klubtitanatlas.hr/

former NC for Croatia

More
26 Jul 2011 11:40 #6819 by alek
Replied by alek on topic Re: CCP and MMO
It's more likely that CCP will publish new card game based on their MMO with new mechanics and screens from the game as ilustrations

More
26 Jul 2011 12:15 #6821 by Adonai
Replied by Adonai on topic Re: CCP and MMO
You want to send an effective message to CCP from V:EKN?

Step 1) Buy all of the product.
Step 2) Provide Mike Tinney with a list of those purchasers, players.

Producing V:TES is a business decision, not an emotional decision, only business demand will change their minds.

The direct sales model and potentially higher profit from that current model can do it.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.094 seconds