file CCP and MMO

26 Jul 2011 13:01 #6824 by Glow
Replied by Glow on topic Re: CCP and MMO

It's more likely that CCP will publish new card game based on their MMO with new mechanics and screens from the game as ilustrations

I also feels this is the most likely event. I don't know about screens though, I think the wow card game uses illustrated cards.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
26 Jul 2011 13:59 #6828 by bakija
Replied by bakija on topic Re: CCP and MMO

It's more likely that CCP will publish new card game based on their MMO with new mechanics and screens from the game as ilustrations

Why would they do that? They show every indication that they want to move away from actual products. Their EVE CCG didn't really seem to pan out. They had a pre-existing, well supported Vampire CCG and they killed it over what was, in all likelihood, less money than it would take to develop and produce a new CCG.

More
26 Jul 2011 17:24 - 26 Jul 2011 17:25 #6832 by dude_PL
Replied by dude_PL on topic Re: CCP and MMO

Why would they do that? They show every indication that they want to move away from actual products. Their EVE CCG didn't really seem to pan out. They had a pre-existing, well supported Vampire CCG and they killed it over what was, in all likelihood, less money than it would take to develop and produce a new CCG.

because the potential MMO fanbase would be entirely different from the V:TES one, and the loyalty of current V:TES players to the game would be turned irrelevant, simply because of the numbers of potential buyers. as Lasombra said, it's purely a business decision. I also fear that if any WoD cardgame pops up again, it's more likely to follow the already established World of Warcraft module.

Don't get me wrong, I'd love to see V:TES come to life (again), maybe it will (fingers crossed), but in my opinion the probability of that happening is quite low. Also, I'm afraid that V:TES as a game is way too complex for an average MMO player (no pun intended).
Last edit: 26 Jul 2011 17:25 by dude_PL.

More
26 Jul 2011 19:12 #6836 by Juggernaut1981
Replied by Juggernaut1981 on topic Re: CCP and MMO
Here is their thought process:

Convert 80% of the VtM RPG player base into VtM MMORPGers.
Convert 60+% of the VTES player base into VtM MMORPGers.

Now we've got them in...
Convert 40+% if the VtM MMORPGers into VtM CCGers.

It would probably be a more reliable switch because VtM and VTES have had a 'close association'. EVE CCG always sounded like a wasted idea since it started as an online game it would have been a mammoth task to effectively convert that player-base into a CCG player-base (even with the usual overlap of gamers into things like MtG/Yugi-ergh!).

Honestly, I hope the VEKN gets enough artwork to drop the production overheads to the point where it is viable for them to publish a new set. I also think VEKN should be creating other 'goodies merch' already for things like tournaments (e.g. pool counters, edges, Anarch Tokens, Corruption Tokens, etc) to basically raise funding in advance of running a card-set.

:bruj::CEL::POT::PRE::tha: Baron of Sydney, Australia, 418

More
26 Jul 2011 19:34 #6839 by Lönkka
Replied by Lönkka on topic Re: CCP and MMO

I also think VEKN should be creating other 'goodies merch' already for things like tournaments (e.g. pool counters, edges, Anarch Tokens, Corruption Tokens, etc) to basically raise funding in advance of running a card-set.

Goodies do sound good.
However since VEKN is just a paper organization with no money I fear that no goodies will materialize.

So far we haven't been able to make a Qualifier Shirt for this year. I'm not pointing any fingers, mind you. Heck, I was supposed to print some locally but even if I got the artwork from Damnas I wasn't able to score the necessary texts from WW or anywhere else for that matter and as I didn't want to print any half assed "close enough" versions I just thought "sod it"...

Finnish :POT: Politics!

• Lönkka
  • Antediluvian
  • Antediluvian
  • War=peace, freedom=slavery, ignorance=strength
More
26 Jul 2011 20:34 #6843 by bakija
Replied by bakija on topic Re: CCP and MMO

because the potential MMO fanbase would be entirely different from the V:TES one, and the loyalty of current V:TES players to the game would be turned irrelevant, simply because of the numbers of potential buyers. as Lasombra said, it's purely a business decision. I also fear that if any WoD cardgame pops up again, it's more likely to follow the already established World of Warcraft module.

Clearly you misunderstood my point. Why would they make *any* WOD CCG? They had one. They killed it. They aren't making another one. Again, they made the EVE CCG. It didn't go anywhere. They aren't making a new WOD CCG based on the MOD.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.096 seconds