file CCP and MMO

27 Jul 2011 23:48 #6963 by Lost_Heretic
Replied by Lost_Heretic on topic Re: CCP and MMO

I've attended one lecture by him as well as been on forum with him and he seems to have strange ideas about the hobby gaming market as well as himself.

He's like a Hollywood producer. Everything he did flopped, except the Big Thing (d20). So, we're stuck with him.

I also don't think he's with CCP anymore.

Darker Days Radio - The World of Darkness Podcast

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
28 Jul 2011 05:19 #6976 by Lönkka
Replied by Lönkka on topic Re: CCP and MMO

Seems he does not work for CCP anymore.

Yay!
Although, with V:tES, as the old Finnish proverb goes, the crap is already in the pants (ie. damage is already done) :(

Finnish :POT: Politics!

• Lönkka
  • Antediluvian
  • Antediluvian
  • War=peace, freedom=slavery, ignorance=strength
More
01 Aug 2011 20:27 #7197 by XZealot
Replied by XZealot on topic Re: CCP and MMO
What they need to do is create their own stand-alone card game based upon the MMORPG, but there would be a "secret key" to make the cards usable with VTES.

Think about it....
The following user(s) said Thank You: JAGANAR

More
01 Aug 2011 20:51 #7200 by Brum
Replied by Brum on topic Re: CCP and MMO

What they need to do is create their own stand-alone card game based upon the MMORPG, but there would be a "secret key" to make the cards usable with VTES.

Think about it....

The names, the types, the pictures, etc. are all under the system license they wouldn't be able to reuse.
Lots of card text would have to change. Conditioning specifically uses the term Action Modifier, Parthenon uses Master Phase Action, etc., etc..
We need someone getting permission for (at least) the System and the Setting.

And there lies the Problem
The following user(s) said Thank You: JAGANAR

More
20 Aug 2011 17:49 - 20 Aug 2011 17:50 #8678 by JAGANAR
Replied by JAGANAR on topic Re: CCP and MMO
as long as the graphics arent DREADFUL , OR AN EYESORE like the World of Warcraft *shrugs*

played a lot of MMo's in my time and the only ones i like are ones whos graphics are detailed (PERFECT WORLD INTERNATIONAL and from that company).

this i actually have no issue with , as long as it is a free MMo , instead of one u pay for .

AND IT REMAINS in the OLD wod Universe (garou, wraits, etc INCLUDED).

:assa: (LOYAL SOLDIER OF THE HAND) :assa:

☆ Hėrė'š â bĭŧ ǿf ŧrĭvĭâ fǿr yǿu . ĐĭĐ yǿu kиǿw ŧhâŧ ĭcė
cryšŧâłš âłWâYš hâvė 6 šĭĐėš? šǿ Đǿ Cryšŧâłš ǿf ŧhė
błǿǿĐ, šĭиcė błǿǿĐ ĭš mǿšŧły wâŧėr. ŧhėy âłwâyš fǿrm
pėrfėcŧ łĭŧŧłė Hėxâgrâmš..Mĭłłĭǿиš ǿF ŧHėM ☆
Last edit: 20 Aug 2011 17:50 by JAGANAR. Reason: notes

More
20 Aug 2011 18:08 - 20 Aug 2011 18:10 #8679 by JAGANAR
Replied by JAGANAR on topic Re: CCP and MMO

because the potential MMO fanbase would be entirely different from the V:TES one, and the loyalty of current V:TES players to the game would be turned irrelevant, simply because of the numbers of potential buyers. as Lasombra said, it's purely a business decision. I also fear that if any WoD cardgame pops up again, it's more likely to follow the already established World of Warcraft module.

Clearly you misunderstood my point. Why would they make *any* WOD CCG? They had one. They killed it. They aren't making another one. Again, they made the EVE CCG. It didn't go anywhere. They aren't making a new WOD CCG based on the MOD.

ok I get it now, cheers.
However, seeing how the whole vampire theme dominates the movie industry, for example (Twilight...meh...), I think they might want to go for it, just for pure cash. Again, it all depends on the success of the game. While with EVE it might have been a bad idea (I don't really picture EVE as a good base for a cardgame, and it was most likely done because others did that and succeeded) the WoD one may take a ride on a theme that is still massively popular. I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

YAH BUT DUDE i believe you are forgetting a few notes ,

1) the good point about all this is when the SPARKLES enter the world they are gonna be 10 percent AT MOST of the population.
and BABY when they enter they are in for a mouthful, cus the butt whuppin they are gonna get verbally and INGAME is gonna be
:evil: LEGENDARY :evil:

personally i will have one ID for hunting down a SPARKLE and crushing them in-game :evil: as a true SABBAT should do , natch

2) the fans of WoD from back in the day will jump in (and that includes those of the ACTUAL gothic/ebm/alternative scene , like S.N.O.G. and house Pantheon of New york members ) ...not sure about the ones who are Requim players because i dont know a single soul who played that Crap.

3. the soundtrack i hope is gonna be done by some one good , or atleast have the opp to play ur music in the bg , like on ur IPOD / WMA program

:assa: (LOYAL SOLDIER OF THE HAND) :assa:

☆ Hėrė'š â bĭŧ ǿf ŧrĭvĭâ fǿr yǿu . ĐĭĐ yǿu kиǿw ŧhâŧ ĭcė
cryšŧâłš âłWâYš hâvė 6 šĭĐėš? šǿ Đǿ Cryšŧâłš ǿf ŧhė
błǿǿĐ, šĭиcė błǿǿĐ ĭš mǿšŧły wâŧėr. ŧhėy âłwâyš fǿrm
pėrfėcŧ łĭŧŧłė Hėxâgrâmš..Mĭłłĭǿиš ǿF ŧHėM ☆
Last edit: 20 Aug 2011 18:10 by JAGANAR.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.094 seconds