file CCP and MMO

26 Jul 2011 21:35 #6845 by dude_PL
Replied by dude_PL on topic Re: CCP and MMO

because the potential MMO fanbase would be entirely different from the V:TES one, and the loyalty of current V:TES players to the game would be turned irrelevant, simply because of the numbers of potential buyers. as Lasombra said, it's purely a business decision. I also fear that if any WoD cardgame pops up again, it's more likely to follow the already established World of Warcraft module.

Clearly you misunderstood my point. Why would they make *any* WOD CCG? They had one. They killed it. They aren't making another one. Again, they made the EVE CCG. It didn't go anywhere. They aren't making a new WOD CCG based on the MOD.

ok I get it now, cheers.
However, seeing how the whole vampire theme dominates the movie industry, for example (Twilight...meh...), I think they might want to go for it, just for pure cash. Again, it all depends on the success of the game. While with EVE it might have been a bad idea (I don't really picture EVE as a good base for a cardgame, and it was most likely done because others did that and succeeded) the WoD one may take a ride on a theme that is still massively popular. I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
26 Jul 2011 22:46 #6848 by bakija
Replied by bakija on topic Re: CCP and MMO

ok I get it now, cheers.
However, seeing how the whole vampire theme dominates the movie industry, for example (Twilight...meh...), I think they might want to go for it, just for pure cash. Again, it all depends on the success of the game. While with EVE it might have been a bad idea (I don't really picture EVE as a good base for a cardgame, and it was most likely done because others did that and succeeded) the WoD one may take a ride on a theme that is still massively popular. I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

Oh, sure--I mean, it is certainly possible that this is their super secret goal and that in the long run this will happen. But I'll be surprised if it happens :-)

More
26 Jul 2011 23:00 #6849 by KevinM
Replied by KevinM on topic Re: CCP and MMO

However, seeing how the whole vampire theme dominates the movie industry, for example (Twilight...meh...), I think they might want to go for it, just for pure cash.

As you two keep going in circles, let me take you in a different direction of thought and ask you this: Why would CCP choose to do a thing again in the future that they chose to stop doing, given that they have said *specifically* that they don't want to do said thing anymore *ever* [1]?

[1] massively.joystiq.com/2009/11/06/ccps-ryan-dancey-on-keeping-eve-online-compelling/

Kevin M., Prince of Las Vegas
"Know your enemy and know yourself; in one-thousand battles
you shall never be in peril." -- Sun Tzu, *The Art of War*
"Contentment...Complacency...Catastrophe!" -- Joseph Chevalier
Please visit VTESville daily! vtesville.myminicity.com/
Facebook: www.facebook.com/groups/129744447064017

More
27 Jul 2011 00:29 #6851 by Juggernaut1981
Replied by Juggernaut1981 on topic Re: CCP and MMO
Shhhh! Shoosh your rediculous logic!! Why should we trust your logical thought?? :P :P

:bruj::CEL::POT::PRE::tha: Baron of Sydney, Australia, 418

More
27 Jul 2011 10:43 #6904 by bakija
Replied by bakija on topic Re: CCP and MMO

As you two keep going in circles, let me take you in a different direction of thought and ask you this: Why would CCP choose to do a thing again in the future that they chose to stop doing, given that they have said *specifically* that they don't want to do said thing anymore *ever* [1]?

Uh, Kevin? That isn't taking us in a different direction of thought. That is just restating the exact same thing that I wrote the first time.

Just throwing that out there.

More
27 Jul 2011 12:36 #6913 by LunaSlave
Replied by LunaSlave on topic Re: CCP and MMO
I know it's not likely to happen, but why not just reprint V:TES, but put redeemable codes on the cards that people can use to get items and such in the MMO? doesn't seem like rocket science.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.092 seconds