file Number of VtES players

02 Sep 2019 10:00 #96715 by Pyrocuror
Replied by Pyrocuror on topic Number of VtES players
If such change have to be made, it's not by nerfing dominate but by giving more pool damage to other disciplines. Already way too much time-limit games per tournament even with multiple dominate decks on the same table. We do not want the game to slow down.
The following user(s) said Thank You: LivesByProxy

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
02 Sep 2019 10:11 #96717 by Timo
Replied by Timo on topic Number of VtES players

We do not want the game to slow down.

Please gentlemen try not to say generalities which could be wrong.

YOU do not want the game to slow down.

Me neither.

But maybe some people here want it to slow down.

More
02 Sep 2019 13:03 #96723 by Timo
Replied by Timo on topic Number of VtES players

As for stupid things proven wrong years ago, not everybody was present at those ancient times so I guess we have to endure the younglings and explain to them how they are wrong. At least, it is how I see these things.

Wrong. Younglings have to use magic called internet and read old topics. Solution for the complexity of combat is there as well as many other things you haven't thought of.

This quote is from another thread but I find it interesting here.

I have no great solutions for the game right now.

But I guess if newlings are received by a prince, a National Coordinator or any player with some kind of "authority" with "go on the internet if you have any question" it is not so good to keep said newlings interested in the game.

And I am not being personal, I say that as a general rule and will even give arguments :
- first, in any field it is considered rude to answer a question with a hand wave and a "go find it somewhere else" and rudeness is not the best way to invite someone to a new game
- second the internet is vast and even if the answer is there, it could be difficult to find it specialy for VtES which is old and existed before the internet as we know it existed
- third, by the Vekn guideline a prince should :
"Act as a contact where new players can go to when in search for other players, cards to trade, or general information about VTES. Answer rules-questions from new players, and help them through their first steps."
And I guess a NC should do the same and an old player wanting to promote his game should do the same or at least point to a more suitable person (for example a prince or NC)

More
02 Sep 2019 14:22 #96724 by LivesByProxy
Replied by LivesByProxy on topic Number of VtES players
@Pyrocuror: But see, there is the problem of pool damage. How do you give pool damage to clans who are currently lacking +bleed, without treading on the toes of the universal pool damage card KRC? Or just without just giving the lacking discipline its very own Govern / Conditioning / Eyes of Chaos, or even Deep Song.

My suggestion for VTES is to emphasize Locations (more havens and sanctuaries), retainers, weapons, vehicles, etc, etc. that cost pool (and are good, of course). As players commit pool to these resources, they're increasing their board position while also becoming easier to oust. And it makes cards that lock-down or burn or steal said permanents on the board better, able to compete with +bleed modifiers.

:gang: :CEL: :FOR: :PRO: :cap6: Gangrel. Noddist. Camarilla. Once each turn, LivesByProxy may burn 1 blood to lose Protean :PRO: until the end of the turn and gain your choice of superior Auspex :AUS:, Obfuscate :OBF:, or Potence :POT: for the current action.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ashur, Pyrocuror

More
02 Sep 2019 20:16 #96726 by Pyrocuror
Replied by Pyrocuror on topic Number of VtES players
Yes that could be a solution. What I know for sure is that if we have to balance the effectiveness of dominate it's not by nerfing it and thus further slowering down the game. The game is slow enough as it is right now.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lönkka, LivesByProxy

More
02 Sep 2019 21:38 #96728 by Mewcat
Replied by Mewcat on topic Number of VtES players

Yes that could be a solution. What I know for sure is that if we have to balance the effectiveness of dominate it's not by nerfing it and thus further slowering down the game. The game is slow enough as it is right now.

I agree that only fixing dominate wouldn't work. The game has warped around dominate and simimiar effects.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.113 seconds