file Number of VtES players

03 Sep 2019 04:33 #96729 by elotar
Replied by elotar on topic Number of VtES players

Yes that could be a solution. What I know for sure is that if we have to balance the effectiveness of dominate it's not by nerfing it and thus further slowering down the game. The game is slow enough as it is right now.

I agree that only fixing dominate wouldn't work. The game has warped around dominate and simimiar effects.

Obviously you should rebalance many stuff to make game more sane. Dominate was just an example, because all it's problems are just a couple overpowered cards.

:splat: NC Russia
:DEM::san::nec::cap4:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
03 Sep 2019 07:17 - 03 Sep 2019 07:18 #96731 by Tadori
Replied by Tadori on topic Number of VtES players

Yes that could be a solution. What I know for sure is that if we have to balance the effectiveness of dominate it's not by nerfing it and thus further slowering down the game. The game is slow enough as it is right now.

I agree that only fixing dominate wouldn't work. The game has warped around dominate and simimiar effects.

Obviously you should rebalance many stuff to make game more sane. Dominate was just an example, because all it's problems are just a couple overpowered cards.

There is only one real solution to all the problem you are talking about. ROTATION. There is a reason why other CCGs have rotation and formats. Its because there is no way to balance a card game for long period of time, because of power creep of new releases that have to include power level of previous released cards and be slightly better. In time a lot of cards are absolute and underpowered.
Last edit: 03 Sep 2019 07:18 by Tadori.

More
03 Sep 2019 09:48 #96733 by Lönkka
Replied by Lönkka on topic Number of VtES players
Lack of rotation (and extremely low number of banned cards) has traditionally been a very good selling point when doing demos for interested people...

Finnish :POT: Politics!
The following user(s) said Thank You: vragozakas, Ashur

• Lönkka
  • Away
  • Antediluvian
  • Antediluvian
  • War=peace, freedom=slavery, ignorance=strength
More
03 Sep 2019 11:13 - 03 Sep 2019 11:18 #96736 by Tadori

Lack of rotation (and extremely low number of banned cards) has traditionally been a very good selling point when doing demos for interested people...

To properly balance CCG you have to reduce amount of cards to create design space and have an opportunity to reduce power level. There is no other way to fix some of the root problems.

Don't get me wrong I'm fine with the game as it is.I'm just pointing out that there is no other proper way to fix root problems.
Last edit: 03 Sep 2019 11:18 by Tadori.

More
03 Sep 2019 12:17 #96740 by Ashur
Replied by Ashur on topic Number of VtES players

To properly balance CCG you have to reduce amount of cards to create design space and have an opportunity to reduce power level. There is no other way to fix some of the root problems.

I´d love to see some data on this. I have a feeling it largely depends on how greedy and eager to push new products (on usually young) audience the game manufacturer is. Examples are Decipher and (at least to some extent) FFG, because they seem to have rather horrible license deals for their IPs.

"My strategy? Luck is my strategy, of course."
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lönkka, self biased

More
03 Sep 2019 12:30 - 03 Sep 2019 12:40 #96741 by Tadori

I´d love to see some data on this. I have a feeling it largely depends on how greedy and eager to push new products (on usually young) audience the game manufacturer is. Examples are Decipher and (at least to some extent) FFG, because they seem to have rather horrible license deals for their IPs.

You don't need data, common sense is enough. If you make any new card you have to take in to considereation all of interaction between exisitng cards allready in play and thier power level. The more cards you have the harder it gets.

Edit:
So it's easier to make rotation than have an army of design teams that have to work with each other and are huge cost. And you have to take in to consideration that you have to earn money. People will not buy cards if there will not see increase of their deck power so you have to generate power creep. Rotation is a tool to reset it. Ulitmatly BC is a company and will have to earn.
Last edit: 03 Sep 2019 12:40 by Tadori.
The following user(s) said Thank You: self biased

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.073 seconds