file Modern and legacy as formats

21 Dec 2021 15:13 #104258 by Nac
Replied by Nac on topic Modern and legacy as formats

But there are Govern, Conditioning, Revelations and all stealth you may need in the pool and, by the way, no AI. So I think there is no point in discussing celerity at all. :P

There is nothing that stops you from rushing them, no Secure Haven, no Secret Passage, no Obedience not even an AUS dodge. Theo Bell on his own could keep bleed on check. On other matches, I think Gangrel with enough locations and birds can block them, Nosferatu have The Warrens.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
21 Dec 2021 16:45 - 21 Dec 2021 16:51 #104262 by Lech
Replied by Lech on topic Modern and legacy as formats
I don't know, maybe psyche! to deal with combat ends ? I've heard that getting s:ce with no way to stop it is pretty harsh.

Yeah, a lot of cards can be improved upon. Like for example strike:dodge or maneuver at inferior, and additional strike on superior would be better pursuit. Directly better. But for example strike dodge and press would supercede nimble feet and side strike, but still would be in some ways worse than pursuit.

:laso: :CEL: :DOM: :OBT: :POT: :cap8:
Sabbat.Black Hand Shakar: Lech loathe ranged weapons. Once each action, he may burn 1 blood to become Camarilla Prince of Krakow until the end of the action.
Last edit: 21 Dec 2021 16:51 by Lech.

More
22 Dec 2021 11:08 #104271 by elotar
Replied by elotar on topic Modern and legacy as formats

Theo Bell on his own could keep bleed on check. On other matches, I think Gangrel with enough locations and birds can block them, Nosferatu have The Warrens.

Back rushing with 8 cap's is other words for "I will never get any VP".

Gangrel and Nos also failed terribly in our test games with starters, maybe they can be improved with deckbuilding, but we need to see a list.

:splat: NC Russia
:DEM::san::nec::cap4:

More
22 Dec 2021 11:15 #104272 by GiftsUngiven
I saw this Gangrel list the other day . Won a 16 person tournament in Madrid and seems to be heavily based on the Gangrel pre-con. I didn't check all cards to see if the deck could be legal in the V5 format.

Prince of Porto

More
22 Dec 2021 11:36 - 22 Dec 2021 11:36 #104273 by elotar

I've heard that getting s:ce with no way to stop it is pretty harsh.

There are no WWS or concealed weapon in the "format", so :cel: is not a combat discipline. It's supporting discipline for :POT: and :THA: combat.

In first you are avoiding SCE with IG, in second with Hunter's mark (if you play it at all). For such role it's quite fine - there are additional strikes, maneuvers, presses and dodge with strike in Dust Up.

Also there is fleetness which still costs 1 blood more than it should for some reason.

Last edit: 22 Dec 2021 11:36 by elotar.

More
22 Dec 2021 12:12 - 22 Dec 2021 12:16 #104274 by elotar

I saw this Gangrel list the other day . Won a 16 person tournament in Madrid and seems to be heavily based on the Gangrel pre-con. I didn't check all cards to see if the deck could be legal in the V5 format.

Everybody has seen this list. I think Flash of Marble and bleed locations/equipment are not in the "format", most other cards are fine. Without them this list is just "intercept cards, Things, combat ends and smiling jack". Yea, maybe it can work against M94 predator, but it does literally nothing to it's prey (burn one pool per turn with army of rats). Seems not a good way to win, but maybe if you got many 4-player tables...

PS: After some thought - this list actually promotes M94, because to "break" it you need more stealth and more bleed - "normal" ways of playing will achieve nothing.

Last edit: 22 Dec 2021 12:16 by elotar.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.104 seconds