lightbulb Worthy reprints for new players and BCP-only format

27 Mar 2022 00:55 #104870 by ReverendRevolver
Library Staples need reprinted.

Crypt cards, less so. Maybe Convent.

But new players need Freak Drives, Taste of Vitae, On the Q, Grapple, etc for sure

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
28 Mar 2022 13:24 #104876 by Lönkka

TLDR; In short, ban or reprint Parthenon.

MMPA ia a problem and you want to ban... Parthenon!!! :ohmy:

Certainly, if goes to any deck, but I would hardly claim it to be the biggest MMPA problem. The one worthy of a ban...

Going further I once again proclaim the following:
Actually I'm not advocating ban for ANY cards adding to MPAs, but nerfing the actual Master Phase so that IT IS NOT POSSIBLE TO EXCEED PLAYING TWO (2) MASTER CARDS in your master phase. In any way. Be it Trifle or some other means. Two tops per turn.

Finnish :POT: Politics!

• Lönkka
  • Antediluvian
  • Antediluvian
  • War=peace, freedom=slavery, ignorance=strength
More
28 Mar 2022 13:41 #104877 by Legion
I have a question what bothered my for a while... If the MMPA is a such a huge problem, why we don't see huge number of these decks in TWD?
and my second question. From my observation.... vtes doesn't have an established meta when 3-5 decks have a huge lead in both popularity and winrates. Why is that?

More
28 Mar 2022 14:01 #104878 by inm8
Is the ability to play 3 masters or more where it is considered to be game-breaking?

Clearly, MMPA is a thing but not really felt that is more OP than any other archetype...
S&B decks do fantastic when redirects and intercepts are lacking in the meta...play more Sudden Reversal and Wash.

If the limit is set to 2 the benefit of trifles would be lost at the time of getting the Parthenon out.

Perhaps it should be limited to 2 + 1 potential trifle?

I agree that the fix for this if anything is and needs to be done is better through a rule change than by banning cards.

More
28 Mar 2022 16:27 #104880 by smeeag
>If the MMPA is a such a huge problem, why we don't see huge number of these decks in TWD?

We do see. Among all twds from 2020 till now (145) there are 44 (30%) using Parthenon or Cybele.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Charles_Bronson

More
29 Mar 2022 04:57 #104883 by ReverendRevolver

I have a question what bothered my for a while... If the MMPA is a such a huge problem, why we don't see huge number of these decks in TWD?
and my second question. From my observation.... vtes doesn't have an established meta when 3-5 decks have a huge lead in both popularity and winrates. Why is that?

People get burnt out playing obscene decks like the MMPA AAA variants and Girls Will Find variants. However, they are a huge part of the global meta and have been for ages.

Global meta is constantly shifting, and as long as good new cards come out, it shifts toward people wanting to bust out the new toys. Barons got a bounce card and babble esque second trad equivalent, brujah have 4 barons in one grouping, gangrel got new toys, snakes got platinum protocol, assamites got in on second trad blocking stuff.... all in the last batch. So we saw Gangrel anarchs, new Carthage barons, and some hunger of marduk/hunters mark stuff winning recently. This trend has been going on in very similar fashion since Lost Kindred came out and everyone wanted to "break" Emerald Legionnaires. But, even some LK centric stuff, such as the recent Mambo Jeanne deck, show up in TWDA awhile after the set comes out. Before we were OOP, Ashur tablets was an "in" card, and went with villein and Lilliths Blessing in MMPA decks.
Amongst all of that, there are always strong decks/archetypes that you can expect to pop up. MMPA, Grinders, Lawfirm, stealthbleed&power bleed, Tupdogs, AAA, legacy of Pander, table poison imbued, :AUS: walls, Tzimisce toolboxes, and plenty of others are all continually viable, but get tweaked to adapt to local metas.

Add that to the "new toy" trend I mentioned, and the relative infreqency of in person tournaments due to the plague, and you start seeing there are simply a huge amount of potential top decks. Who's piloting them is also pretty huge.
I hope I've answered your second question thoroughly.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Legion

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.096 seconds