lightbulb Worthy reprints for new players and BCP-only format

31 Dec 2021 15:59 - 31 Dec 2021 16:00 #104320 by Lech
Wait, so are you talking about cards that are good in both formats, or cards that are good to add to the (limited BCP) format ? Because that are two different questions.

:laso: :CEL: :DOM: :OBT: :POT: :cap8:
Sabbat.Black Hand Shakar: Lech loathe ranged weapons. Once each action, he may burn 1 blood to become Camarilla Prince of Krakow until the end of the action.
Last edit: 31 Dec 2021 16:00 by Lech.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
01 Jan 2022 13:28 #104325 by elotar

Yeah.
The suggestion I made as a player but mainly as a retailer was to have an expansion box for the 5th Edition core game. One that would allow you to modify and build a different version of each of the decks.

Many a retailer tends to dislike a game that has a gazillion different expansions especially if they are small like precons. Having one larger size expansion clearly intended for the core game would sell the expansion for this crowd's shelves.

It's called boosters ;)

:splat: NC Russia
:DEM::san::nec::cap4:

More
02 Jan 2022 03:16 - 02 Jan 2022 23:54 #104327 by FineLerv

It's called boosters ;)

I hope that's not the solution. I haven't had any interest in buying random product of any card game in over a decade. One of the reasons I jumped back on Vampire was because it looked like Black Chantry had adopted more of an LCG model.

Ideally, I'd love another box set of new cards for the five original decks (as suggested above). Those decks were deliberately kept simpler it seems and another 50 cards per deck would go a long way to making them more interesting next to the four new decks.
Last edit: 02 Jan 2022 23:54 by FineLerv.

More
02 Jan 2022 21:13 #104331 by Lönkka
No it most certainly is not boosters!

Closest equivalent would be FFGs larger expansion boxes for their LCGs.

Finnish :POT: Politics!
The following user(s) said Thank You: FineLerv

• Lönkka
  • Antediluvian
  • Antediluvian
  • War=peace, freedom=slavery, ignorance=strength
More
26 Mar 2022 10:31 #104868 by lip
Updated to include the new reprints in New Blood.

More
26 Mar 2022 10:40 - 26 Mar 2022 10:42 #104869 by lip
Also, I feel there's a discussion to have on the topic of MMPA. I know there are strong opinions that MMPA should not be encouraged because it's more of game breaker than an actual legit strategy.

But right now, MMPA builds are very much in the top tier. So, at some point, there needs to be a decision: either nerf it for everyone, or make it accessible for new players too. I don't care much for the pro/con discussion about MMPA personally. What I think is an issue is that it is a tech that is accessible for old-timers who have their collection, but more and more expensive for new players joining the game and wanting to try the competitive scene.

At the moment, new players can join the game more and more easily, but the first tournament they get to, they get to play against Tupdogs, Anson guns or Girls and if they want to give a try to those builds, they're in for serious money. Although other archetypes are rather accessible (IC builds, Ventrue and Tremere grinders, Prince/Arishat votes, ...) the MMPA side is getting more and more expensive and exclusive. Like a reserved space for old timers.

TLDR; In short, ban or reprint Parthenon.
Last edit: 26 Mar 2022 10:42 by lip.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.093 seconds