lightbulb Worthy reprints for new players and BCP-only format

30 Mar 2022 18:55 #104913 by inm8

Which is essentially the same as I've been suggesting. But bit less straightforward and you'll need to errata plenty of cards.

Any other cards than The Parthenon, Cybele, and Isanwayen?

Whereas with my suggestion you only need to revise the rulebook.

"Actually I'm not advocating ban for ANY cards adding to MPAs, but nerfing the actual Master Phase so that IT IS NOT POSSIBLE TO EXCEED PLAYING TWO (2) MASTER CARDS in your master phase. In any way. Be it Trifle or some other means. Two per turn, tops."

Your suggestion to change the rules would affect the cards Not to Be and Wash and limit the design space to not be able to work with more master phase slots.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
31 Mar 2022 16:46 #104922 by Legion

>If the MMPA is a such a huge problem, why we don't see huge number of these decks in TWD?

We do see. Among all twds from 2020 till now (145) there are 44 (30%) using Parthenon or Cybele.

and 45 decks are using Deflection...

More
31 Mar 2022 19:29 #104925 by Malachy
The main problem with MMPA decks are not their winrates imo, although they are pretty strong, but their non-interactive behavior. Suddens and Washes dont change that. SB decks and deflection usage are not well established arguments and their winrates dont absolve MMPA 'sins'. Also we saw a nerf recently adressing a non-interactive archetype (freakshow) so maybe a general errata could be expected, something like 'this gives you two master phases' instead of additional master phase phrase.

NC of Hungary

///
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lönkka

More
01 Apr 2022 05:58 #104926 by kschaefer

>If the MMPA is a such a huge problem, why we don't see huge number of these decks in TWD?

We do see. Among all twds from 2020 till now (145) there are 44 (30%) using Parthenon or Cybele.

and 45 decks are using Deflection...

Apple meet orange.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Malachy

More
01 Apr 2022 11:06 #104929 by Lönkka
Wouldn't overtly worry if "design space" of card(s) changes with changes. That is change for you... :)

"this gives you two master phases instead of additional master phase phrase." would indeed also be a worthwhile solution.

Finnish :POT: Politics!

• Lönkka
  • Antediluvian
  • Antediluvian
  • War=peace, freedom=slavery, ignorance=strength
More
01 Apr 2022 11:06 #104930 by GiftsUngiven
That's a very elegant solution. I like it. MMPAs would stack and an additional action would still be powerful enough for those cards to see play.

Prince of Porto

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.101 seconds