file The future of V:TES

25 Jan 2013 10:13 #44385 by Ashur
Replied by Ashur on topic Re: The future of V:TES

Wait a minute now... What do you mean? Approved by whom?

There is a real possibility that after two or three month, people prefer to ignore the new set.

Sure, this is possible in some playgroups, but if the cards are legal for tournament play, how can they be ignored?

"My strategy? Luck is my strategy, of course."

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
25 Jan 2013 10:18 #44386 by Ashur

White Wolf/CCP and Wizards/Hasbro still own all the IP we are using. They would probably want to at least look at them before they are released. The playtesting is currently not yet over AFAIK. The art may not be completely finalised. They may want to stall releasing the set as a PDF if there is a chance of releasing it in PoD. If it is going to go PoD, then WW/CCP and Wizards/Hasbro will definitely want to look over the cards.

I´m not american, so I don´t understand this. The VEKN kan make a pdf of a bunch of new cards and declare they official VEKN cards. What has White Wolf/CCP and Wizards/Hasbro to do with this?

That's not even speculating about people losing time to the parts of their life that are not volunteering for the VEKN.

This is not a problem. People who have time should do volunteer work - if you don´t have time - don´t volunteer, or?

More
25 Jan 2013 10:24 #44387 by Ashur

I'm always shocked at how conservative this group is. The VEKN has been doing things perfectly since before the beginning of time, and any changes are heresy. It's like we're in a bad religion. Starting a monthly thread saying "all parties are hard at work, but we don't have any solid news to announce" would clearly destroy this game, the internet, and possibly the universe as we know it. Boy, I'm glad that isn't happening! Dodged that bullet.

Thanks for this. I absolutely agree. There are some people here with very weird intentions and argumentation. Nothing should ever change, nobody could ever do better, nobody deserve critique, etc. Ok, whatever, nevermind, go back to sleep everybody.

More
25 Jan 2013 17:28 #44417 by Squidalot
Replied by Squidalot on topic Re: The future of V:TES
Set wise:

Danse still needs a R5 test - the head of the test groups have all the information I currently have on when this is (and yes it's late but that's how things go when there is no pressing deadlines)

as for the second and subsequent sets the design team are outlining things they'd like to look at next with community input and there are 200+ card outlines in different stages and with different themes. I'm sure Ben will update the community when there is more to talk about but everything is in its infancy at the moment.
The following user(s) said Thank You: er-principe, D-dennis, Ashur

More
25 Jan 2013 21:26 #44425 by Lönkka
Replied by Lönkka on topic Re: The future of V:TES
What the eff are they putting in the drinking water of Uppsala and California?

Finnish :POT: Politics!

• Lönkka
  • Away
  • Antediluvian
  • Antediluvian
  • War=peace, freedom=slavery, ignorance=strength
More
25 Jan 2013 21:38 #44427 by drnlmza
Replied by drnlmza on topic Re: The future of V:TES

Set wise:

Danse still needs a R5 test - the head of the test groups have all the information I currently have on when this is (and yes it's late but that's how things go when there is no pressing deadlines)

I'm intrigued by the "no pressing dealines" comment. On reading this, my first interpretation is that no firm dealine for Danse Macabre's release has been set yet. I can imagine numerous reasons not to set a date, so I'm not particularly bothered by that, but is that an accurate reading?

--
National Coordinator
South Africa

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.086 seconds