file The future of V:TES

16 Apr 2013 22:47 #47051 by Count Orlok
Replied by Count Orlok on topic Re: The future of V:TES
I'm consistently amazed at the lengths some of these board members will go to defend the status quo. If the VEKN doesn't actually support storylines, producing sets, or give tournament rulings, what exactly do they do? Complain that PCK is out to get them? They're pretty good at that.

:same: :FOR: :NEC: :THN: :pre: Baron of Berkeley :bl: :cap8:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
16 Apr 2013 23:14 #47052 by ruiza97
Replied by ruiza97 on topic Re: The future of V:TES
The only thing I need the VEKN for is to sanction a tournament, and as my playgroup could careless about tournaments, I don't need the VEKN for that either. Ultimately, if I want to have a specific storyline involving my city, I create it. If I want to introduce new cards, I create them. If I want to ban certain cards, I ban them. Unless my players protest and then I do the opposite. VEKN is not needed where I am concerned, so I half-listen and read everyone's elses posts for laughs.

Prince of Dallas
Toreador Grand Ball: Dallas
August 13, 2022
The following user(s) said Thank You: Soonerborn

More
17 Apr 2013 06:53 #47068 by Amenophobis
Replied by Amenophobis on topic Re: The future of V:TES

I'm consistently amazed at the lengths some of these board members will go to defend the status quo. If the VEKN doesn't actually support storylines, producing sets, or give tournament rulings, what exactly do they do? Complain that PCK is out to get them? They're pretty good at that.

Ahem. I need to correct you here a bit. We (PCK) are not "out to get them". That is not our goal, and never was (though given past events, it might have been perceived that way). Our goal is to keep VTES alive, and provide interesting new stuff for players, which is carefully considered and properly balanced and tested.

It goes without saying that Jeff, Eric and I have different design views compared to our former compatriots in the DT; that, in itself, is nothing negative.

Regarding updates and communication: that is a phenomenon that is not really new. The VEKN has never been a democratic organization, and very often things got bogged down or projects were not pursued anymore. I can say that, because I myself have been IC member once. :whistle:

Anyway, I really hope VTES survives, and I do my part to make it happen. I mean, it would be a shame to *not* use my massive collection to play anymore. :laugh:

More
17 Apr 2013 07:32 #47069 by Lönkka
Replied by Lönkka on topic Re: The future of V:TES

I'm consistently amazed at the lengths some of these board members will go to defend the status quo.

There is an old proverb that springs to my mind "dogs bark but the caravan still trundles onward."

The organization isn't supposed to be top heavy one but I occasionally get them impression that at least people seem to want a divine moseslike figures to lead them like a flock of sheep to the promised land of Golgonda.

If you are unhappy how the organization is being run I dare suggest that you change your representative(s) in it. If the National Cordinators don't approve/trust the ICs I'm sure that they can give the old ones boot and elect new ones.

So far I seem to recall that NCs have been unanimous in their support of the ICs so it might be somewhat of an uphill battle.

Finnish :POT: Politics!

• Lönkka
  • Antediluvian
  • Antediluvian
  • War=peace, freedom=slavery, ignorance=strength
More
17 Apr 2013 10:30 #47073 by MarcusVitel
Replied by MarcusVitel on topic Re: The future of V:TES

If the National Cordinators don't approve/trust the ICs I'm sure that they can give the old ones boot and elect new ones.

... interesting. Is there a reference for this, saying that the IC is elected by the NCs? .. Just curious.. I assume the regular folks get no votes, princes get two etc. 

More
17 Apr 2013 10:36 - 17 Apr 2013 10:44 #47074 by MarcusVitel
Replied by MarcusVitel on topic Re: The future of V:TES
-double-
Last edit: 17 Apr 2013 10:44 by MarcusVitel.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.083 seconds