file The future of V:TES

16 Apr 2013 15:02 #47030 by Lönkka
Replied by Lönkka on topic Re: The future of V:TES

Even though there is no news on pod/danse, it seem approriate to confirm the organization is still active and doing SOMETHING, or at least striving to do something.

YOU, me, Count Orlock and all the other VEKNers ARE the organization!

Finnish :POT: Politics!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Lönkka
  • Antediluvian
  • Antediluvian
  • War=peace, freedom=slavery, ignorance=strength
More
16 Apr 2013 17:28 #47036 by Count Orlok
Replied by Count Orlok on topic Re: The future of V:TES

Aw, so it's MY fault. Makes sense.

You honestly don't see the difference between tournaments and games organized around local princes and the international organization that claims to be the spiritual successor to White Wolf? Yes, I absolutely plan on hosting events in the future, but I also have little impact on the community and do not have much political clout.

:same: :FOR: :NEC: :THN: :pre: Baron of Berkeley :bl: :cap8:

More
16 Apr 2013 17:59 #47037 by MarcusVitel
Replied by MarcusVitel on topic Re: The future of V:TES
Correct. We are the organization, but what are the statements of procedure the organization has in effect? The inherent problem is that the individual members of the organization do not have a say in decisions made by the organization. What do I as a simple member do if I wanted the tournament rules changed, cards banned from tournament play, establish a new role on the Inner Circle responsible for ZYX or wanted the cooperation with CCP canceled ?? … I am just making these up, but you get what I am trying to say. There should be a way for each VEKN member to make herself heard in structured manner. If I requested an update from committee XYZ on the status of topic ABC and n other members support that notion, it should happen. That is how democratic structures work.

Next up are the trolls telling me ‘if you want to do it, please step up, claim responsibility, get involved ..’ and no, I don’t think the people currently doing these job are not doing a good job. I just believe that we as the organization need to ensure that there is no silent majority gradually leaving the VEKN, because they don’t feel represented or misinformed.

-MV-
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ashur

More
16 Apr 2013 18:09 #47038 by Lönkka
Replied by Lönkka on topic Re: The future of V:TES

Aw, so it's MY fault. Makes sense.

You just happened to pipe along so I included you as another example of all of us. Call it unavoidable collateral damage if you will.

You honestly don't see the difference between tournaments and games organized around local princes and the international organization that claims to be the spiritual successor to White Wolf?

Vast majority of action and activity in VEKN comes from root level.

Yes, I absolutely plan on hosting events in the future, but I also have little impact on the community and do not have much political clout.

Like anyone has.
Me I'm hardly responsible for myself.
During the last EC's NC meeting I wasn't even able to sit at the table even though I was the first to mark my seat with almost a full beer bottle. I had to visit the cloakroom and when I got back my seat was taken by a greedy foreigner and I had to sit on the floor. That's how much political clout I have!

The IC should start coordinating storylines, playtesting the next set, or anything to show that they're actually engaged with this game.

BTW the IC aren't responsible for storyline coordination or playtesting or planning cards. For those we have storyline coordinator as well as design team.

I'm pretty sure that when there is any significant news that can be divulged, the great unwashed masses will hear about it pretty quickly. If VEKN is still negotiating with three different companies regarding Danse Macabre and the possible PoD, I'm pretty sure that it is good form to keep it under wraps until you can say damn deal done and then announce what the deal is about.

(the first that can spot the musical reference in my comments above wins a banana. Note, offer not applicable to Swedes)

Finnish :POT: Politics!

• Lönkka
  • Antediluvian
  • Antediluvian
  • War=peace, freedom=slavery, ignorance=strength
More
16 Apr 2013 18:11 #47039 by Ashur
Replied by Ashur on topic Re: The future of V:TES

Even though there is no news on pod/danse, it seem approriate to confirm the organization is still active and doing SOMETHING, or at least striving to do something.

Eh? So the IC and the design team is not in charge? I thought they were some kind of ruling body, among other things discussing with the pod-people, choosing not to publish Danse Macabre, etc? I´m confused. Again :)

"My strategy? Luck is my strategy, of course."

More
16 Apr 2013 18:39 - 16 Apr 2013 18:40 #47041 by Daidalos
Replied by Daidalos on topic Re: The future of V:TES
Sure I do blame myself for not informing myself about the prospects of the game's staying alive. I am the VEKN, right. Irony put aside, I don't know about the state of V:tES, or about its future, but the state of this forum is beyond words. I still have the masochistic tendencies to browse through the topics from time to time but honestly all I see is a few trolls infesting every single one of them, always having something completely irrelevant to say (which is the essence of being a troll...) and other than that there are the cynics, the "caring guys" and the distant Inner Circle. I also asked for an update several months ago. Guess what - now I don't care anymore. I have this "need to spend money on a hobby", it so happenes that every month I usually spend a modest sum on cards. For some time now it have been spending it on other ccg's and I have every reason to believe that (even though I am not planning on selling my collection but passing it on to my children one day) V:tES is finished for me. I have sympathy for everyone fighting for the future of V:tES, but I also have only raised eybrows for everyone who doesn't understand that at this point the only merchandise the IC can sell is hope. But all is good. All it takes now is to embrace the fact that this is and will be just another dead game.

"I like to think there always are ...possibilities." Spock
:trem: :aus: :dom: :tha:
Last edit: 16 Apr 2013 18:40 by Daidalos.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Silmegil, MarcusVitel

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.119 seconds