file Additional strikes?

24 Nov 2012 10:11 - 24 Nov 2012 10:12 #41593 by Pascal Bertrand
Let's put this one on hold as long as I don't find LSJ's response (and stick to what the rulebook reads: "only after normal strike resolution").
Last edit: 24 Nov 2012 10:12 by Pascal Bertrand.
The following user(s) said Thank You: drnlmza, Kraus

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
24 Nov 2012 11:14 #41603 by drnlmza
Replied by drnlmza on topic Re: Additional strikes?

Additional strikes are announced (gained) and performed (used) only after the first pair of strikes are completed.

I've always interpreted this so that additional strikes can only be gained after the inital strikes have been resolved. Emphasis on announced, only and first.

The only after the first pair part doesn't mean that additional strikes cannot be gained later in the round, though, since it's possible to use multiple sources of additional strikes.

From the rulings list on this site:

If you have any pending (additional) strikes, wait until those strikes are resolved before gaining further additional strikes (if you are allowed to use more than one additional-strike-gaining effect in a round). (link)

Relevant other discussions:

Hell-for-Leather

Jacko and Quickness

The ruling that a minion can gain additional strikes later in the round after previously having passed on additional strikes is what's surprising, and, even it's currently a valid reading of the rules, is something I personally feel shouldn't be legal. Based on the reaction in this thread, I'm far from alone in that opinion.

--
National Coordinator
South Africa

More
24 Nov 2012 11:40 #41605 by donk
Replied by donk on topic Re: Additional strikes?
Are you sure it's not supposed to mean that you can play cards that give additional strikes before or after preventing damage.

E.g.
Both vampires strike for 1 damage.
Vamp1 plays blur and then prevent the damage with soak.
Vamp2 prevent the damage with sideslip and then play blur for additionals.

Or does the "strikes are completed" mean after strike resolution is completed, with soak and everything?

More
25 Nov 2012 10:41 #41671 by Pascal Bertrand
You can't play Blur while you are still in a strike's resolution. This includes damage resolution.

More
26 Nov 2012 06:49 - 26 Nov 2012 06:50 #41722 by the1andonlime

The only after the first pair part doesn't mean that additional strikes cannot be gained later in the round, though, since it's possible to use multiple sources of additional strikes.

So what you are saying is that only after the first pair is not the same as only immediatelyafter the first pair?

That is not the way I have been interpreting the rules all this time, but I have to admit, it is not a non-valid interpretation.

Suaku
Inceptor Asian Continental Championship
興っ
www.youtube.com/SuakuOz
Last edit: 26 Nov 2012 06:50 by the1andonlime.

More
26 Nov 2012 06:51 #41723 by the1andonlime

Let's put this one on hold as long as I don't find LSJ's response (and stick to what the rulebook reads: "only after normal strike resolution").

Just to be clear: "only immediately after normal strike resolution"?

Suaku
Inceptor Asian Continental Championship
興っ
www.youtube.com/SuakuOz

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.098 seconds