file Catatonic Fear question

06 May 2014 12:44 #61900 by jamesatzephyr

and pertained to the secondary affects of combat ends cards too(inflict 1 damage after combat, untap, continue action, etc).

Most untaps, Dodge has no effect on, because they're untaps of the striking minion.

If you Dodge an inferior Meld with the Land - which untaps you, the opposing minion - then you dodge that too, and don't get untapped by it.
[vic] Strike: combat ends and untap the opposing minion (even at long range).

But with, say, Earth Meld, the striking minion untaps:
[pro] Strike: combat ends.
[PRO] As above, and this vampire untaps before combat ends.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
06 May 2014 19:54 #61908 by Juggernaut1981
Caliban:
The 'secret' is the "and" and to which minion the stuff after "and" applies. In the examples I gave you, they were all "and do something to the other guy".

Psyche @ [CEL] does a similar thing to cards like Form of Mist @[PRO], Morphean Blow @[VAL], Mirror Image @[CHI] and Blissful Agony @[obe] and [OBE].

I'd also be thinking that S:D may truncate Blissful Agony, but I'm not sure. The effect isn't quite 'the other minion' but may be close enough that it is circumvented by S:D.

:bruj::CEL::POT::PRE::tha: Baron of Sydney, Australia, 418

More
06 May 2014 20:00 #61909 by jamesatzephyr

I'd also be thinking that S:D may truncate Blissful Agony, but I'm not sure. The effect isn't quite 'the other minion' but may be close enough that it is circumvented by S:D.

Dodge protects you from the "enter combat" effect of Blissful Agony.

[FZD 20130924]

>Question - IMHO the second part of the BA effect kicks
>in even if the opposing vampire plays S:CE or dodge. I am wrong?

Dodge: The new combat doesn't happen. Dodge protects your minion from the opposing minion's strike.

More
08 Apr 2020 08:45 #99535 by beslin igor
Replied by beslin igor on topic Catatonic Fear question
What happen with CF damage if any efect make damage in combat aggravated (example Dawn Operation),does CF damage normal or aggravated?

Dawn Operation
Action Modifier
Fortitude

[for] If this action is blocked, all damage inflicted to vampires in the resulting combat is aggravated. Any vampire attempting to block may now choose not to block.
[FOR] As above, but vampires attempting to block cannot back out.

More
08 Apr 2020 09:25 #99536 by jamesatzephyr

What happen with CF damage if any efect make damage in combat aggravated (example Dawn Operation),does CF damage normal or aggravated?

Damage that's dealt outside combat (such as Catatonic Fear) isn't affected by Dawn Operation, because Dawn Operation only affects damage in the resulting combat.

Similarly, you can't play Skin of Rock to prevent the damage, because you need to be inside combat to play combat cards.
The following user(s) said Thank You: beslin igor

More
07 Aug 2023 15:50 - 07 Aug 2023 16:28 #108946 by Gloomy
Replied by Gloomy on topic Catatonic Fear question
Hello,

I have an additional question regarding "Catatonic Fear": can you play "Pulled Fang" after "Catatonic Fear" ? "Pulled Fang" says:

Only usable at close range at the end of a round of combat in which this minion successfully inflicted more damage than the opposing vampire.

and the rules says:

End of Round: In this step you use the combat cards or other effects that are only usable at the end of a round of combat, after the press step. Note that this step also occurs even if combat ends prematurely.

So, "Catatonic Fear" ends the combat but the "End of round" phase still occurs, allowing to play "Pulled Fang" ?

Thanks !
Last edit: 07 Aug 2023 16:28 by Gloomy. Reason: (typo)

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.091 seconds