file Black Chantry Rulebook Feedback

12 Feb 2019 22:10 #93450 by kschaefer
I think, bold emphasis is mine, that this is the problem that Timo was pointing out.

A minion cannot attempt an action of the same name or an Action provided by a card in play (including the minion's own card text) that has already resolved (successfully or unsuccessfully) for him that turn, even if he unlocks. Actions that are cancelled may be attempted again, unless stated otherwise on the cancelling card.

Please show me where I advocated for changing the exceptions made for actions taken to hunt, Rescue From Torpor, or Equipping from another minion.

I think it's the dubious nature of "same name," which could be interpreted to mean hunt or rescue, or.... Not sure on a better wording, but I agree that a paragraph describing the NRA rule as you intend if a good move.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Timo

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 Feb 2019 22:23 #93451 by self biased

I think, bold emphasis is mine, that this is the problem that Timo was pointing out.

I think it's the dubious nature of "same name," which could be interpreted to mean hunt or rescue, or.... Not sure on a better wording, but I agree that a paragraph describing the NRA rule as you intend if a good move.

it's also an easy fix to drop the word 'card' into the text for further context and clarity.

A minion cannot attempt to play an action card of the same name or an Action provided by a card in play (including the minion's own card text) that has already resolved (successfully or unsuccessfully) for him that turn, even if he unlocks. Actions that are cancelled may be attempted again, unless stated otherwise on the cancelling card.

More
13 Feb 2019 00:14 #93453 by Timo
Yes, it was the fact that you stated that card with the same name couldn't be repeated. I thought it was confusing (actually, it confused me ^^) and yes, adding the word "card" make it clearer.
The following user(s) said Thank You: self biased

More
13 Feb 2019 18:39 - 13 Feb 2019 18:41 #93457 by Charles_Bronson
There is nothing in the rulebook about the keyword "immune".

Can I play frenzy cards on an immune to frenzy vampire? Can I play frenzy cards on myself in combat with an immune to frenzy vampire? If i'm immune to frenzy cards, can I play frenzy cards at all?

If a minion is immune to damage, does damage counts as inflicted? Or he doesnt take any damage?

If a minion has resilient mind, and I burn form of corruption on it, does the controlling methuselah still burns 1 pool?

Can we get clearer on this on the rulebook or maybe, the cards? Just a reminder that seeds of corruption was banned for just be confusing on the same way.

EDIT: fixed typos

I am death.
Paul Kersey, Death Wish
:vent::THA::QUI::FOR::dom::obf::cap9:
Last edit: 13 Feb 2019 18:41 by Charles_Bronson.

More
13 Feb 2019 19:14 #93460 by 2wayspeaker
Very good reminder on immune. Which is distinct form "Treats as normal" which does have a small paragraph at the end of 6.4.6.

Just a reminder that seeds of corruption was banned for just be confusing on the same way.

This is because much in the same way that Requirement and Cost is poorly explained in the rulebook there is no rule/definition about "Vampire special abilities"
Seeds of Corruption
+1 stealth action.
The vampire's special abilities cannot be used.
Vampire special abilities are mentioned to exist in 1.5 but then never explained.

In fact paragraph 6.1.3. Equip and 6.1.4. Employ Retainer go out of their way to confuse this even more:
6.1.3. Equip (+1 stealth)
Equipment cards are action cards that give minions special abilities.
(similar for Retainers)

So "Seeds Of Corruption" Surpresses equipment cards attached to a vampire as well? But it doesn't surpress the title because i am playing a politics deck and i need my 4 Votes. But Lazvernius doesnt get his +2 strength because he already hurts too much with POT. And how about other permanents in play? Like a Repulsion?

More
13 Feb 2019 20:19 - 13 Feb 2019 20:22 #93462 by ulph
Just a small thought I had when glancing the rulebook

The term
"heal damage"
seems unusual/backwards as an effect that removes life tokens.

My assumption (based on games, etc, prior) are the relations

- take damage, remove, loose, shrink
+ heal damage, add, gain, grow

I get it how it makes sense in context of vampires but it's not how I'd prefer describing it to a novice. The lore bit about spending blood to heal could perhaps be just that, some flavor text, rather then the name of the step?
Last edit: 13 Feb 2019 20:22 by ulph.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.129 seconds