file Mata Hari and Hakim's Law: Leadership

07 Mar 2019 14:35 #93958 by Ankha

I have a more general question, when is a card actually considered "played", like when am i finished playing a card? when all effects on it have been resolved? or when it hits the table successfully? Is there a difference to be made between action cards, master cards, etc.?

Playing a card is a special action described in the rulebook: "A card is played by placing it face up in the playing area or by showing it to the other players and placing it face up in the ash heap. The player completely declares the effect of the card when it is played."

The card is played when you choose to perform that special action. It then has different effects depending on the type of the card and its cardtext. Resolving those effects is a different thing from playing the card.

To go back to Mata Hari, if she plays a card "as if", the effects of the cards are declared according to this, and this is carried on upon resolution.

Prince of Paris, France
Ratings Coordinator, Rules Director

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
09 Mar 2019 18:24 #93986 by thelonius reloaded
A little bit off topic but does Mata Hari make Burn Option impossible? Better said, Mata hari meets the requirement for any card so that no burn option card can be discarded?

Lurking in the underground of Bologna, Italy

More
09 Mar 2019 19:24 #93987 by Ankha

A little bit off topic but does Mata Hari make Burn Option impossible? Better said, Mata hari meets the requirement for any card so that no burn option card can be discarded?

She doesn't make the burn option impossible.

> I believe you can ditch those cards. She can PLAY card as whatever, but
> she is NOT OF whatever.
> Correspondingly she can equip with Erebus Mask, but she'll never benefit
> from its effects. (So she'd better make use of the option to 'burn' the
> card in the first place :) )
Correct.

groups.google.com/d/msg/rec.games.trading-cards.jyhad/OjszbddbvxM/eKkxVIJPoG4J

Prince of Paris, France
Ratings Coordinator, Rules Director

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.086 seconds