file Vampire reboot more likely than new sets?

10 Nov 2015 19:27 #74214 by Ashur

I'm not arguing for my own prefrences as much as I'm trying to imagine myself in the shoes of the new owner and trying to think of what will sell.

Please stop doing this. If someone wants to earn money, they sure as hell won´t put their efforts in anything close to VTES. Period.

"My strategy? Luck is my strategy, of course."

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 Nov 2015 20:14 #74216 by cordovader

If someone wants to earn money, they sure as hell won´t put their efforts in anything close to VTES. Period.

Depends on what the word "money" means to you. Profit can be made, mainly when a big part of the work (new expansions, motivated artists, official rulings, tournament support...) has been already done by the V:EKN and a group of volunteers.

In fact you don't need too much effort to keep the game alive. A lot of the stuff is done and will continue to be done by the playerbase.

More
10 Nov 2015 23:03 #74220 by Juggernaut1981

Constructive would be to construct a game, a complete, great game that is better than VTES. Post it here.

Here is a reasonably complete draft of a set of game rules.
Vampire the Card Game (aka The Bloodless Edition)

:bruj::CEL::POT::PRE::tha: Baron of Sydney, Australia, 418

More
10 Nov 2015 23:18 #74221 by BenPeal

Constructive would be to construct a game, a complete, great game that is better than VTES. Post it here.

Even more constructive would be to construct a complete, great game that is better than V:TES, patent the mechanics, and find a publisher. ;)

More
11 Nov 2015 00:15 #74222 by self biased

I will probably not play a rebooted V:TES CCG, 100% sure I'm not playing an LCG.

so, you're saying that the only way you'd continue to play is if the game were distributed in the manner it always has?

you do realize that without the relentless set rotation that Magic has, V:tes is effectively an LCG, right? Vtes was originally envisioned as a Card Game that thought it was a board game
[citation needed]. Think about how much more fun it would be to not have to worry about buying shitloads of cards, most of them wallpaper, to get decent stuff! the alternating Camarilla/Independent/Sabbat/Bloodlines distribution cycle is mind-blowingly cumbersome and awful. I think the game would be better without it.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Boris The Blade

More
11 Nov 2015 07:15 #74223 by Ashur

If someone wants to earn money, they sure as hell won´t put their efforts in anything close to VTES. Period.

Depends on what the word "money" means to you. Profit can be made, mainly when a big part of the work (new expansions, motivated artists, official rulings, tournament support...) has been already done by the V:EKN and a group of volunteers.

In fact you don't need too much effort to keep the game alive. A lot of the stuff is done and will continue to be done by the playerbase.

I agree with this. With "earn money" I meant "earn BIG money" :) But I see great potential for VTES, the game is extremely underrated.

"My strategy? Luck is my strategy, of course."

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.097 seconds