file Abolish Grouping Rule

27 Nov 2012 15:31 #41872 by mirddes
Replied by mirddes on topic Re: Abolish Grouping Rule

I think mirddes was talking of odd/even groups only.

im in favour of ANY 2 groups and No crouping.

with no card limit imposed other than maximum deck size, grouping seems silly.

recently i discovered that magic has not deck size limit other than having to be able to shuffle it without help. perhaps vtes could benefit from such a change.

MORE POWER TO THE METHUSELAH!!!

all decks benefit, all Methuselah benefit.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
27 Nov 2012 15:38 #41874 by ReverendRevolver
Ok I'd like to point out that the apparent intention of this thread was originally someone has mostly jyhad and g4 vamps and wants to mix all of them because he's not "allowed" to buy more cards.

I think we can all agree that g5-6 need more support.

I think we all have mix n match dream decks in our heads.

but how is it even remotely feasible to change a rule that keeps things in check for those reasons. people think girls decks are bad, terrible things can come without grouping.
The following user(s) said Thank You: CryWolf, Pendargon, TryDeflectingThisGrapple, mirddes

More
27 Nov 2012 15:48 #41875 by ReverendRevolver

I think mirddes was talking of odd/even groups only.

im in favour of ANY 2 groups and No crouping.

with no card limit imposed other than maximum deck size, grouping seems silly.

recently i discovered that magic has not deck size limit other than having to be able to shuffle it without help. perhaps vtes could benefit from such a change.

MORE POWER TO THE METHUSELAH!!!

all decks benefit, all Methuselah benefit.

also, magic is limited to 4 of any given card other than basic lands and relentless rats, and due to that, you have to be either playing a battle of wits deck or be a complete idiot yo play more than60 cards in a deck. also, 17-24 slots are land. or again, you are a terrible player. its a game that has drawbacks Garfeild got rid of when making the mana-free, multiplayer vtes. magic also rotates. nobody wants that who has a brain and a budget.

your arguments are illogical. the grouping rule is one of the rules that keep balance, like not bleeding twice with one minion, not calling a referendum multiple times with one minion, etc.

find real game issues in rule , then you may have a point. but even then, unlikely.

More
27 Nov 2012 16:21 - 27 Nov 2012 16:25 #41881 by mirddes
are there any decks that would not benefit?

and yes, i inherited a collection of JYHAD cards and got given 3 third edition player kits at a convention
Last edit: 27 Nov 2012 16:25 by mirddes.

More
27 Nov 2012 16:50 #41886 by ReverendRevolver
How long have you been playing?

Grouping keeps strong decks from being unbeatable. are there decks that would get hurt? Yes, every deck that is a normal vtes deck. it becomes more like vintage mtg, with who draws what determining the game instead of playing. we would have girls with Anson, aksynia , cybele , nana, and huitzilpoctli butting heads with weenie 1cap dbr and other mono weenie, then tier 2 would be stealthbleed with super grouped crypt. that would be the whole game.

you are trying to argue for changing rules, fixing the unbroken, because you aren't allowed to buy more cards? My wife and I are both too broke to buy cards and Christmas is coming but we aren't going to never buy anymore cards because we are strapped now. the vekn forum is not a relationship counseling service, but if you spent all the effort you've wasted arguing to change a game most of us have loved for years, and applied yourself to obtaining more cards, maybe you could pipe down and play the freakin game instead of asking for GLOBAL tournaments to give you a pass because you don't have a legal broken deck to play.

Buy cards like we all did. its how you get things.
The following user(s) said Thank You: CryWolf, Pendargon, Kiddo, RebelMac

More
27 Nov 2012 17:30 - 27 Nov 2012 17:39 #41893 by mirddes

How long have you been playing?

Grouping keeps strong decks from being unbeatable. are there decks that would get hurt? Yes, every deck that is a normal vtes deck. it becomes more like vintage mtg, with who draws what determining the game instead of playing. we would have girls with Anson, aksynia , cybele , nana, and huitzilpoctli butting heads with weenie 1cap dbr and other mono weenie, then tier 2 would be stealthbleed with super grouped crypt. that would be the whole game.

you are trying to argue for changing rules, fixing the unbroken, because you aren't allowed to buy more cards? My wife and I are both too broke to buy cards and Christmas is coming but we aren't going to never buy anymore cards because we are strapped now. the vekn forum is not a relationship counseling service, but if you spent all the effort you've wasted arguing to change a game most of us have loved for years, and applied yourself to obtaining more cards, maybe you could pipe down and play the freakin game instead of asking for GLOBAL tournaments to give you a pass because you don't have a legal broken deck to play.

Buy cards like we all did. its how you get things.

not to mention tournaments are not held where i live and i could play with whatever rules i pull out of my ass.

ive been learning since 2008
Last edit: 27 Nov 2012 17:39 by mirddes.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.121 seconds