file Nerf on Imbued Powers

23 Jun 2013 16:04 #50266 by Lönkka
Replied by Lönkka on topic Re: Nerf on Imbued Powers

2 things :
Why doing a lot of development for a game mechanic most people do't want to play anyway?

Does this reasoning also apply to less than frequently played clans?

Anyone can devote their time as they see fit.
Witness1 obviously seems to get his kicks from Imbued.

Why having imbued if you want them to be like vampire?

Why not?
Their core set is already there but as it is so very small I certainly think that they, and the game, would benefit from one or two card in every upcoming set.

Finnish :POT: Politics!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Charles_Bronson

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Lönkka
  • Antediluvian
  • Antediluvian
  • War=peace, freedom=slavery, ignorance=strength
More
23 Jun 2013 16:14 - 23 Jun 2013 16:15 #50267 by Ohlmann
Replied by Ohlmann on topic Re: Nerf on Imbued Powers

All the complaints against the imbued include the "I dont feel they pertain to this game".

Making the card flow similar to the vampires dont change the convictions and powers rules, neither the fact they are allies.

But the more they are like vampire, the more difficult it would be to give them a distinctive feel. There is already 13 great clan, an hefty amount of bloodline, and 3 greats sect, and they already have trouble feeling unique. Making Imbued more like vampire mean making the task of differenciating everything even more difficult.

I still think that if people feel they don't belong, they should be banned, not changed. Not that banning them is something I look forward to.
Last edit: 23 Jun 2013 16:15 by Ohlmann.

More
23 Jun 2013 16:51 #50269 by Charles_Bronson

All the complaints against the imbued include the "I dont feel they pertain to this game".

Making the card flow similar to the vampires dont change the convictions and powers rules, neither the fact they are allies.

But the more they are like vampire, the more difficult it would be to give them a distinctive feel. There is already 13 great clan, an hefty amount of bloodline, and 3 greats sect, and they already have trouble feeling unique. Making Imbued more like vampire mean making the task of differenciating everything even more difficult.

I still think that if people feel they don't belong, they should be banned, not changed. Not that banning them is something I look forward to.

Ban should be always the last and regretful option. Not the first.

I am death.
Paul Kersey, Death Wish
:vent::THA::QUI::FOR::dom::obf::cap9:

More
23 Jun 2013 17:11 #50278 by ReverendRevolver
I dont think banning is needed. Imbued dont play well with the rest of vtes, and cpuld/should have stayed like carlton and jake, not crypt cards. I think htr wasnt that great from what ive heard, and other non vamp crypt directions would have been way better than imbued. Only kue jin would have been worse.

But they are whatever now. If we dont make more cards for them, they should be ok.

More
23 Jun 2013 19:00 #50286 by Lönkka
Replied by Lönkka on topic Re: Nerf on Imbued Powers

But they are whatever now. If we dont make more cards for them, they should be ok.

Huh!?
So some vocal part of players REALLY hate them, therefore the basic concept shouldn't try to be improved on?

Anarchs mechanism wasn't that interesting with the first release, but with the additional sets it sure got wayyy better... Dig?

Finnish :POT: Politics!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Charles_Bronson

• Lönkka
  • Antediluvian
  • Antediluvian
  • War=peace, freedom=slavery, ignorance=strength
More
23 Jun 2013 19:16 #50288 by Ohlmann
Replied by Ohlmann on topic Re: Nerf on Imbued Powers

Anarchs mechanism wasn't that interesting with the first release, but with the additional sets it sure got wayyy better... Dig?

Then again, not everything can be fixed at once. And there is a LOT of mechanism to improve on : anarch are still unthematic and not very useful, some sabbat antitribu have nothing good to play with, some bloodline (think Samedi) are pretty lacking, a lot of themes beg to be expanded and/or fixed like Red List, Corruption counter (especially the daimonion card !), Research and development, indep' gargoyles, Striga and Maleficia ...

In contrast, Imbued work. They are hated on because they are different and a bit of a chore to play against, but they are unique and, while weak, can win tournament.

So, suggesting to left them alone for an undefinite amount of time appear reasonable.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.102 seconds