file Nerf on Imbued Powers

25 Jun 2013 14:00 #50413 by ReverendRevolver
Sorry for the typos. I had a long explanation typed out to justify imbued theft, but my phone crapped out on me.

Imbued should be immune to dumb parlor trick types of things, but methuselah level kindred can still manipulate them into things ( maybe thats why methuselah players control them?)

Anyway, they tool up better than most vamps, since they get conviction each turn. They are what they are, and if they get nerfed, i dont think more cards against them is the way to go. The one power untap a turn is ok i guess.

And making things like disarm and decapitate work on them at least makes sense.

But im not sure they are too broken. I blood to watered an imbued with Petaniqua the first time i faced them. They arent invincible, and walls with jack hurt them. Unless some increase in imbued wins happens, i dont think they need change.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
25 Jun 2013 14:19 #50419 by jamesatzephyr

And one per game.

Activity Detected
Event. Government.

In case you didn't see that:

Activity Detected
Event. Government.
Activity Detected
Event. Government.
Activity Detected
Event. Government.

Hurting snake drive and freak drive is dumb. They enable good play.

Uh, what kind of argument is this? Bleeding is good play, but we have bleed bounce too.

More
25 Jun 2013 14:50 #50422 by ReverendRevolver
Bounce is a risk you take when bleeding.

If every govern cost 2-3 blood, it wouldnt be nearly as useful.

Just like you dont see mind rape costing as much as it does to be an overcosted bleed action.

Taxing multiact is only good when its citadel freeness or una solitaire. Otherwise, it hurts things that shouldnt be hurt.

I missed it being an event, thought it was a master.

The risk in multiacting should be the gamble of a card and a blood with potential opportunity of the next action against not being able to use the action effectively. Not sweating about having to cycle freak drives until empty hoping to draw an uncoiling.

Nerfing imbued is whatever. We have three events already that do that. Adding one that hurts multiact?
Meh.

More
25 Jun 2013 15:09 - 25 Jun 2013 15:10 #50424 by jamesatzephyr

Bounce is a risk you take when bleeding.

Activity Detected could be a risk you take when building a multi-acting deck too.

If every govern cost 2-3 blood, it wouldnt be nearly as useful.

If every bleed was bounced, it wouldn't be useful either.

Just like you dont see mind rape costing as much as it does to be an overcosted bleed action.

If you were making a point here, I'm not sure what it was.

People use the best option open to them - which, if they want bleed, is typically a cheaper action. If multi-acting is still a good option, people will still use it. Also, using Mind Rape for the bleed is a waste when the superior is so good.

Taxing multiact is only good when its citadel freeness or una solitaire. Otherwise, it hurts things that shouldnt be hurt.

And yet Ventrue law firm that can bleed you and call a vote with all of its vampires is getting way more bang for its buck than an equivalent deck that can't play Freak Drive, with very few drawbacks at all. Which is why multi-acting is so very popular - you multiply your ability to get stuff done, right now.

The risk in multiacting should be the gamble of a card and a blood with potential opportunity of the next action against not being able to use the action effectively.

Such decks overwhelmingly can use the action effectively. Currently, if you want to cycle a Freak Drive, you can just hunt and be left in the same situation. No risk, no panic, nothing. And if you structure your turn sensibly, you (typically) take carded actions first, then untap and choose what you're doing - which might be another card-based action or, if you're without a good action to take, a cardless bleed. So JS Simmons, Freak, bleed. KRC, Freak, bleed. Mind Rape, Freak, KRC+Awe+VC, Freak, bleed. (Bleed is the obvious candidate here, though it doesn't have to be that.)

Not sweating about having to cycle freak drives until empty hoping to draw an uncoiling.

That's part of why there's been a countdown suggested on every copy of the card. To allow a strategic pause, not an outright kill. (Compare Fall of the Camarilla, which can outright kill a deck.)
Last edit: 25 Jun 2013 15:10 by jamesatzephyr.

More
25 Jun 2013 15:22 #50425 by ReverendRevolver
Fall of the cam takes other cards to play.
This does not.
I so admit that tbe countdown makes it less bad, but the dnr clause is super easily met.

The last time i looked, the timer was 3? Maybe at 2 or with the proposed adding a counter whenever blood or conviction is paid to it, and making the number 3or4.
Still dontclike the concept.
But i do concede path of evil revelations shouldnt be spared. Sataic corrupters who traffic slaves should bexeasy for govrnt to detect.

More
25 Jun 2013 18:23 #50439 by Lönkka
Replied by Lönkka on topic Re: Nerf on Imbued Powers

Sorry for the typos. I had a long explanation typed out to justify imbued theft, but my phone crapped out on me.

No probs.
It is just something I've been noticing for a good long while and not a recent isolated instance. Hence my comment.

Posting via phone explains a lot :)

Finnish :POT: Politics!

• Lönkka
  • Antediluvian
  • Antediluvian
  • War=peace, freedom=slavery, ignorance=strength
More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.115 seconds