file Nerf on Imbued Powers

23 Jun 2013 19:53 #50305 by ReverendRevolver

Anarchs mechanism wasn't that interesting with the first release, but with the additional sets it sure got wayyy better... Dig?

Then again, not everything can be fixed at once. And there is a LOT of mechanism to improve on : anarch are still unthematic and not very useful, some sabbat antitribu have nothing good to play with, some bloodline (think Samedi) are pretty lacking, a lot of themes beg to be expanded and/or fixed like Red List, Corruption counter (especially the daimonion card !), Research and development, indep' gargoyles, Striga and Maleficia ...

In contrast, Imbued work. They are hated on because they are different and a bit of a chore to play against, but they are unique and, while weak, can win tournament.

So, suggesting to left them alone for an undefinite amount of time appear reasonable.

Indeed. You can do srveral things with imbued. Even samedi have less options in the long run.

Dont get me started on indy gargoyles or harbingers. If a few more crypt cards get printed for imbued, ok. But other than some anti imbued wayward or hermit stuff, what do we not already have them doing?

Risen, Amenti, and other things from wod would be better. Maybe make some g2 risen crypt cards and g6 amenti?

Probably never happening. Imbued are enough of a sore spot and have enough toys to be ahead of most bloodlines in a vampire card game. They are the least cool (except for beatrice trembley) crypt cards and the least cool wod game according to many fans.

So why work on them ahead of other things that should be as competant but arent?

I see very little room for them to get more stuff. Maybe mortal non imbued could be neat, like muddled and such. Imbued are pretty set.

Anarchs got two sets and are almost cool. Many combos take lots of rares, so when pod launches, maybe we will see more cooky anarch sucession stuff or whatever.

Maybe someone will "break" condemnation doomed with recuring flow with the mountain @ inferior. Who knows. But imbued have what they need. Even anarchs barely have that.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
23 Jun 2013 20:52 #50319 by jamesatzephyr

Why not making it more simple :

At anytime other than his or her controler untap phase, if a minion untap, he or she burn a blood or conviction or is tapped.
Burnt blood are put on this card. When this card has X counters, burn it.

Largely because I'm not interested in causing a load of collateral damage to things that are fine.

Metro Underground, fine (possibly a little weak already).
Baseball Bat, fine. Go Anarch, fine. Other similar cards, fine. It's restricted to a particular action that is intended to be a little weaker than a 'proper' action or a setup for something else, so gets a compensatory untap, but only if successful. Don't really want to interfere with actions that were probably designed to be a bit weaker than normal in the first place.
Rutor's Hand, very expensive to use, and decks using lots of them are comparatively rare. (You see quite a few decks with 1 or 2, and a few with 4-6.)
Crimethinc at tha is buttock-clenchingly expensive, and the other two levels still get that anarch-making/anarch requirement.
Cats' Guidance is good, but doesn't really seem to warrant any particular nerf.
NRA PAC seems to be trying to empower equipment, and doesn't really contribute to multi-acting pain.
Dual Form is somewhat cute (it's like a pre-emptive Freak Drive at inferior), but already quite expensive and signals what you're doing in advance.
Homunculus (and Carrion Coffin) has relatively limited timing.

Maybe I'd be okay about hitting Second Tradition (very good card indeed), but not that many other cards.

Yes, there's still some collateral damage in the action modifier version - Hag's Wringles doesn't need the nerf, nor does Gift of Bellona at val, for example. But still a lot less annoying.

More
24 Jun 2013 07:47 #50349 by Lönkka
Replied by Lönkka on topic Re: Nerf on Imbued Powers

In contrast, Imbued work. They are hated on because they are different and a bit of a chore to play against, but they are unique and, while weak, can win tournament.

So, suggesting to left them alone for an undefinite amount of time appear reasonable.

Plenty of clans/ disciplines work and win tournaments and still we get, say, new Malkavians or Dominate cards :)

I'm not suggesting that we need humongous amounts of new Imbued cards. Just an odd card now and then would be great. You know, to keep things from stagnating.

Finnish :POT: Politics!
The following user(s) said Thank You: david.tatu, acbishop, Bell

• Lönkka
  • Antediluvian
  • Antediluvian
  • War=peace, freedom=slavery, ignorance=strength
More
24 Jun 2013 10:36 #50356 by Timo
Replied by Timo on topic Re: Nerf on Imbued Powers
@jamesatzephyr :

I understand your concern.but it is just that I dislike too specific cards. Specialy when the card text become so long just for the specifics.

It is only my point of view of "card designing" but I think that your proposal is too specific to have a real impact in game and have a very narrow use which will greatly cripple some deck (which are not that strong) without having any effect on all the other decks.

I understand your concern about crippling cards like metro underground NRA PAC and stuff like that but seriously, with a limit of 5 uses (for example), the metro user will swear a little, will be maybe more circonspect about his uses but in the end, he will have lose 3-5 blood and it will have cost a DPA, a card slot and maybe -1 hand size to the player who played it.

And I think (stiil, this is only how I see these things), that it can had a small and potentially interesting thing to the game.

More
24 Jun 2013 12:36 - 24 Jun 2013 12:39 #50358 by jamesatzephyr

I understand your concern.but it is just that I dislike too specific cards. Specialy when the card text become so long just for the specifics.

About half the length of the card text I proposed was the do not replace clause. It'd be easier to make that shorter and simpler. (Or remove it altogether.)
Action modifiers that untap the acting vampire cost an additional blood. After successfully discovering a Power, an Imbued does not untap unless he or she chooses to burn a life or Conviction card.

That's really quite short - two fairly simple sentences. Add a countdown. Nix the "chooses to" if you like.
Put this card in play with X nerf counters.
Action modifiers that untap the acting vampire cost an additional blood. After successfully discovering a Power, an Imbued does not untap unless he or she burns a life or Conviction card.
Remove a nerf counter during your untap phase, and remove the card from the game when it has zero nerf counters.

Still pretty short, really - it just sneaks in under Seven Line Syndrome. (Set X to whatever number you like.) Don't like the outright loss of the DNR clause and want some penalty?
Action modifiers that untap the acting vampire cost an additional blood. After successfully discovering a Power, an Imbued does not untap unless he or she burns a life or Conviction card.
Move a counter from your pool to this card in your untap phase; burn this card when it has X pool on it.

Again, fairly short, and the card text isn't terribly convoluted.
Last edit: 24 Jun 2013 12:39 by jamesatzephyr.

More
24 Jun 2013 16:47 #50368 by ReverendRevolver
Id say that card hurts too many things. Way too many. Make it burnable with an mpa and butning 2 blood off an 8+ cap vamp. And one per game. Hurting snake drive and freak drive is dumb. They enable good play.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.117 seconds