file Nerf on Imbued Powers

16 Jun 2013 17:01 #49877 by brandonsantacruz
Voting is troubling for Imbued, but combat can be much moreso. I say *can be* because it depends on the combat. Agg damage? Ignored. Rush? Di/Determine/Flash Grenade/Imbued powers. Animalism? Crows/Bats? Trouble if they don't pop out an Ivory Bow. There is an answer for what, just like there is an answer for anything, you just have to build the right deck and have the card in hand. Welcome to VTES, right? ;)

Voting is more the pool damage route as Banishment has no effect, nor does Kindred Segregation.

What about just not untapping at all after playing a Power? It is a simple rule change that should not effect card text afaik. I think that just banning Unmasking may weaken Imbued enough to not have this be that much of an issue.

Be careful when you fight the monsters, lest you become one.
-Friedrich Nietzsche

brandonsantacruz.blogspot.com/

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
20 Jun 2013 11:13 #50093 by jamesatzephyr

What about just not untapping at all after playing a Power? It is a simple rule change that should not effect card text afaik. I think that just banning Unmasking may weaken Imbued enough to not have this be that much of an issue.

I'd personally be more interested in seeing something like that as, say, an Event card. Perhaps a generic multi-acting-meddler.
Activity Detected
Event. Government.
Do not replace this card until a vampire untaps from playing an action modifier or an Imbued untaps after successfully discovering a Power (or this card leaves play).
Action modifiers that untap the acting vampire cost an additional blood. After successfully discovering a Power, an Imbued does not untap unless he or she chooses to burn a life or Conviction card.

Probably some sort of countdown timer on it (2 turns, 3 turns, something like that).

Not a stone-dead silver bullet (the Imbued deck isn't totally dead in the water), not without its own downsides. That sort of thing.

More
20 Jun 2013 12:36 - 20 Jun 2013 12:48 #50105 by Timo
Replied by Timo on topic Re: Nerf on Imbued Powers
Why not making it more simple :

At anytime other than his or her controler untap phase, if a minion untap, he or she burn a blood or conviction or is tapped.
Burnt blood are put on this card. When this card has X counters, burn it.
Last edit: 20 Jun 2013 12:48 by Timo.

More
20 Jun 2013 12:40 #50106 by Ohlmann
Replied by Ohlmann on topic Re: Nerf on Imbued Powers

Why not making it more simple :

At anytime other than his or her controler untap phase, if a minion untap, he or she burn a blood or conviction or is tapped.

Add master phase, because the Path of Evil Revelation don't need to be destroyed by this card.

More
20 Jun 2013 12:46 #50107 by Timo
Replied by Timo on topic Re: Nerf on Imbued Powers
I added a countdown.

And I don't see why the path should be more preserved than as the crow, tutu or abbot?.

And with the coubtdown, a path user will quickly be rid of the card.

More
20 Jun 2013 12:55 #50108 by Ohlmann
Replied by Ohlmann on topic Re: Nerf on Imbued Powers

And I don't see why the path should be more preserved than as the crow, tutu or abbot?.

Because it have nothing to do with multiacting whatsoever. And because the Path is already on the weak side.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.103 seconds