file Card idea: Trust no One

16 Aug 2011 16:57 - 16 Aug 2011 16:59 #8283 by Surreal
Replied by Surreal on topic Re: Card idea: Trust no One

If imbued, Khazar or shambler player lose from a dominant position, i call that good! B)

I don't find those decks position too dominant at all.

In addition that card would just single-handedly kill not so dominant ally decks and make them very unpopular. Somebody makes fun arms dealer casual deck, well too bad you just die from one vote. I must agree with terrible card design. New cards should add more depth for deck building, that vote just limits it.
Last edit: 16 Aug 2011 16:59 by Surreal.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
16 Aug 2011 17:09 #8284 by Izaak
Replied by Izaak on topic Re: Card idea: Trust no One
I dunno... I'm up for more ways to deal with ally decks that don't involve "play presence or combat".

I'm not sure if a political action is the way to go, it being so tied up to presence and everything, but something that would be good against Nephandus or Ghouls would be nice.

More
16 Aug 2011 17:26 - 16 Aug 2011 17:28 #8286 by Surreal
Replied by Surreal on topic Re: Card idea: Trust no One
I think there is enough anti ally tech already. Problem I have with anti ally cards like Far Mastery is that it is useless without allies around and stealing ally can be very strong. So it is potentially useless or potentially very strong. I play with Nephandus in tournaments very often and it's usually big gamble. Sometimes I run against heavy entrancement decks and there is almost nothing I can do. That's why I don't find it so dominant, too many bad match ups.

I also think most of the anti ally cards are designed poorly (like far mastery example). There should be more anti ally cards which are useful when you don't face the allies and not too strong when you do.

But question should also be why we even need more anti ally cards. Ally decks are not too dominant at all or what is the problem?
Last edit: 16 Aug 2011 17:28 by Surreal.

More
16 Aug 2011 17:31 #8287 by Kraus
Replied by Kraus on topic Re: Card idea: Trust no One

I dunno... I'm up for more ways to deal with ally decks that don't involve "play presence or combat".

I'm not sure if a political action is the way to go, it being so tied up to presence and everything, but something that would be good against Nephandus or Ghouls would be nice.

What's wrong with combat exactly?

Tournament decks are anti combat at best as it is. A wee bit more red cards in there wouldn't hurt, I think. Just add a gun or two and that'll take care of Neppers and Ghoulies in the long run - and that ain't even an investment in combat department.

Allies are a good and cool way to battle the bleeders, voters and whatnot, and hardly over powered. There are plenty of ways to deal with them. Start with blocking the recruitment actions, for example.

And against Nephandi we already have that one vote, which burns all allies unless their costs are repaid. That ought to be enough.

"Oh, to the Hades with the manners! He's a complete bastard, and calling him that insults bastards everywhere!"
-Nalia De-Arnise

garourimgazette.wordpress.com/
www.vekn.net/forum-guidelines

More
16 Aug 2011 17:40 #8288 by Izaak
Replied by Izaak on topic Re: Card idea: Trust no One
You don't play many tournaments, do you?

I'm not saying allies are too strong or anything. I just think they're obnoxious to deal with from a deck design point of view. More effective ways to deal with allies that don´t involve throwing Carrion Crows or playing Entrancement is good in my book.

More
16 Aug 2011 18:03 #8289 by Kraus
Replied by Kraus on topic Re: Card idea: Trust no One

You don't play many tournaments, do you?

How so?

I'm not saying allies are too strong or anything. I just think they're obnoxious to deal with from a deck design point of view. More effective ways to deal with allies that don´t involve throwing Carrion Crows or playing Entrancement is good in my book.

Even more effective? I think stealing allies is pretty powerful. Thaumaturgy destroys them either in combat or with Blood of the Sandman (which is bloody good to begin with), Presence steals them as does Dominate and Dementation, Potence, Celerity and Animalism kill them, Obfuscate hardly cares...

I dunno, how effective are we talking about here? And against what kind of an ally threat are we preparing? War Ghouls are pretty nasty, alright, but Kindred Segregation already deals with them in a more interesting and balanced way than Trust No One does. At least in my opinion.

"Oh, to the Hades with the manners! He's a complete bastard, and calling him that insults bastards everywhere!"
-Nalia De-Arnise

garourimgazette.wordpress.com/
www.vekn.net/forum-guidelines

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.091 seconds