file Hear the rumor about the WoD Living Card Game?

16 Mar 2013 12:58 #46118 by Ashur
This is a very weird discussion, but I´m gonna indulge myself anyway.

mmm, if I may ask, isn't exactly what Bonding, Govern the unaligned and far mastery actually do ? :dry:

they give permanent control of a vampire now, with an added view of the player hand and a fetching of uncovered haven on every vampire ? I didn't see the errata. :dry:

Thoses are powerful cards, it's just that they pale in comparison of what do Dominate in the RPG. Auspex and presence also tend to be both very good in vtes and still underrated if we take the RPG rules. Especially the Summoning, which does not require the target to consent, nor to be a normal human

Eh? I can´t even understand how you can compare a card game with a RPG. One has strict game mechanics, the other has diffuse rules and a almighty Storyteller decides what can be done.

In other words, in a city of 100 vampires, you have not one, but several important people who can do it. And they will certainly be called upon if the need arise.

What do you mean “called upon”? So any ancillae with a problem just “calls upon” his clan elder to brainwash people here and there? That is not how it works, or at least it didn´t when I read and led VtM.

Even less importants city often have one ; for example, the old prince of Atlanta had dominate 6.

Yes. One vamp (the prince) in a city of 500 000+ kine has Dominate 6+. I call that “rare”.

In addition to thoses publics and "young" figure, there is an undisclosed amount of hidden 2000+ years methuselah, who simply alway have domination

How do you mean? There are 1 vamp in 100,000 humans. Period. Or do you mean inactive vamps don´t count? Anyway, nothing says and “undisclosed amount” should be shitloads. A couple in each major city maybe, not more.

(see Meneleus, which despite having reached Golconda, having a tribe a werewolf worshipping him, and being relatively uninvolved in the jyhad still have dominate 6...).

How can you say that vamps such as Menele aren´t rare? He is arguably one of just 5-10 4th gen vamps in America. Of maybe 10 000 vamps totally in America, he is maybe one of 200 to have Dominate 6+, my guess based on the lore.

So, dominate 6 ain't all that rare. If the plan of a vampire rely on nobody being able to pull that out, he is very likely to have a phone call with mandatory instruction soon enough.

No, Dominate 6 ARE rare. Any vamp that doesn´t possess that ability himself are likely to have to pull in some serious boon to make it happen, not just “make a phonecall”.

In practice, most people prefer to ignore the power of dominate, presence, auspex, and improve the power of physical discipline because it's way easier to do interesting story this way. But the canon is pretty clear : mental discipline litteraly rule the world.

Who are “most people”? Those that play VtM without understanding the setting?

Anyway, it´s a RPG, so you can play it however you like. But if you read the lore, Dominate 6 IS rare.

"My strategy? Luck is my strategy, of course."
The following user(s) said Thank You: Reyda

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
16 Mar 2013 15:11 #46119 by ReverendRevolver
We are getting way off topic at tbus point. Which is good, as id rather discuss ways to hypothetically improve our game in future sets or even nitpick what we have and compare it to our source than talk about a game im not that excited about the idea of. (Which should mean alot to anyone from ffg lurking to see our response)

But if we google vampjre geneology, i think the math has been done for us in total vamps. We can if we desire, see every elder and get an idea of how many they embraced, and so on and so forth until we have roof trickling from caine of the number of potential vamps with dominate and the ability to have more yhan 5 dots. Then we can have a seperate list of vamps that could maybe get it easily regardless of having it.

But its moot, not to discount the base argument, but vtes translation has been liberal with its discipline assigning on vamps anyway, if you dont believe me che k children of the night and or kindreds most wanted and compare to ce, ae, kmw, bl, sw, etc vamps. Karsh's skin is so tough thosecwho have touched it and lived compare it to diamonds. Thats his stamina. His strength? He swings his sword and his enemys fall. Im not making this up, but i dont own the book to site it. I do own kmw(from 1994, oddly) and those vamps dont translate very well either. Ossians auspex hoser makes sense acter reading, as does much special text, but not the discilline spreads. Because elders have too many disciplines to document on a card. And sometimes randomness helps, sometimes it hurts.

But id like to have this talk movex to a dedicated thread, and i feel at least the design team would like our opinions, since they have strong data on how many vtes players like the fluff integration. And to his credit,Ben Peal seems more than willing to do what he can in that regard, at least thats the idea i got last year talking to him about it.

More
16 Mar 2013 16:54 #46120 by Ylly
Just a quick opinion:
if the new one is compatible with vtes and the old cards can be used, then I am game.
if not, then I am abolutely not interested and not going to support the new one at all

More
16 Mar 2013 17:01 - 16 Mar 2013 18:37 #46122 by Lech
planet-vampire.net/forum/index.php?topic=4706.0

Menele(brujah),Augustus(gio),Marcellus Rufus(las),Silvester de Ruiz(las),Zambra Matour(las),Baba Yaga(nos),Christopher Houghton(tor),Hideon Yaroslavich(tzi), Gotsdam(ven),Gustav Breidenstein(ven),Hardestadt(ven), Lodin(ven),Lucius Trebius Rufus(ven).

Bit low amount, too low to support your thesis Ohlmann. Mainly really low generation vampires, and from clans that have dominate in clan.

Also, which may surprise you, not many kindred know what exactly dominate 6 really does (and it's just one of the possible option, if i recall right every discipline above 6 have more than one "path", dominate have at least 9 such "paths" so not everyone with dominate 6 can bypass eye contact requirement, most can't)(not to mention few - if any - of those would even consider using cell phones - those are PARANOID, traditional creatures).

:laso: :CEL: :DOM: :OBT: :POT: :cap8:
Sabbat.Black Hand Shakar: Lech loathe ranged weapons. Once each action, he may burn 1 blood to become Camarilla Prince of Krakow until the end of the action.
Last edit: 16 Mar 2013 18:37 by Lech.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Reyda

More
16 Mar 2013 18:46 - 16 Mar 2013 18:47 #46127 by Reyda

mmm, if I may ask, isn't exactly what Bonding, Govern the unaligned and far mastery actually do ? :dry:

they give permanent control of a vampire now, with an added view of the player hand and a fetching of uncovered haven on every vampire ? I didn't see the errata. :dry:

love you when you are being the usual jerk.
Last time I checked, governing down my vampires still gives me permanent control over them... bah. For the rest, other people already answered. :whistle:

Imagination is our only weapon in the war against reality -Jules de Gaultier
Last edit: 16 Mar 2013 18:47 by Reyda.

More
16 Mar 2013 18:50 #46128 by Lech

love you when you are being the usual jerk.
Last time I checked, governing down my vampires still gives me permanent control over them... bah. For the rest, other people already answered. :whistle:

And control about his controller haven/hand too (he can take equipment from them).

:laso: :CEL: :DOM: :OBT: :POT: :cap8:
Sabbat.Black Hand Shakar: Lech loathe ranged weapons. Once each action, he may burn 1 blood to become Camarilla Prince of Krakow until the end of the action.
The following user(s) said Thank You: emime

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.104 seconds