file Hear the rumor about the WoD Living Card Game?

14 Mar 2013 09:10 #46073 by Lech

(1) The game is good but isn't really compatible with old cards. This will be an awkward situation, but is it really so bad to have to sit and decide which of two really good games to play?

Half the playerbase migrates, V:TES stops getting new players as they are more attracted to a simpler game with official support. The rest of the playerbase then has the choice to either stick with the sinking ship and play 5-man tournaments for the rest of it's lifespan or dump nearly 20 years worth of cards in favor of a blank slate.

Don't count on half of playerbase migrating. I don't see death of v:tes just because similar game is released, just like i don't see death of magic just because wow is released. Most important (imo) v:tes problem is getting the cards, which make people quit or not try v:tes, not some new card game.

:laso: :CEL: :DOM: :OBT: :POT: :cap8:
Sabbat.Black Hand Shakar: Lech loathe ranged weapons. Once each action, he may burn 1 blood to become Camarilla Prince of Krakow until the end of the action.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 Mar 2013 10:35 #46074 by Brum

(1) The game is good but isn't really compatible with old cards. This will be an awkward situation, but is it really so bad to have to sit and decide which of two really good games to play?

Half the playerbase migrates, V:TES stops getting new players as they are more attracted to a simpler game with official support. The rest of the playerbase then has the choice to either stick with the sinking ship and play 5-man tournaments for the rest of it's lifespan or dump nearly 20 years worth of cards in favor of a blank slate.

Don't count on half of playerbase migrating. I don't see death of v:tes just because similar game is released, just like i don't see death of magic just because wow is released. Most important (imo) v:tes problem is getting the cards, which make people quit or not try v:tes, not some new card game.

I see one flaw in your logic.
Magic was huge when WoW ccg came out.
It has official support. It has a huge community. It attracts people with more reasons than VtES does. It allows for professional play. It has new cards and formats regularly.

VtES is just the best multiplayer CCG ever conceived by man.
Apart from that we are on our own.

Make no mistake about it. If:
1- a new game comes out that isn't compatible with VtES cards.
2- takes away from us the possibility to keep developing new expansions.
3- competes with VtES for new players.
... VtES is dead.

hmmm... maybe PCK get interested in this new game and move their shenanigans there. :)

More
14 Mar 2013 10:54 #46075 by Ohlmann

... VtES is dead.

Add :
4 - have a lasting success.

More
14 Mar 2013 11:27 #46076 by Lech

I see one flaw in your logic.
Magic was huge when WoW ccg came out.
It has official support. It has a huge community. It attracts people with more reasons than VtES does. It allows for professional play. It has new cards and formats regularly.

VtES is just the best multiplayer CCG ever conceived by man.
Apart from that we are on our own.

... VtES is dead.

hmmm... maybe PCK get interested in this new game and move their shenanigans there. :)

1. No big deal, it's just a different game like thousand others.
2. I don't think so. VEKN may still be able to keep developing new expansions, it may be just more problematic to PRINT actual cards.
3. Like every other cg.

VtES is just as undead as it was before. New game can be boon just as likely as it can be burden.

:laso: :CEL: :DOM: :OBT: :POT: :cap8:
Sabbat.Black Hand Shakar: Lech loathe ranged weapons. Once each action, he may burn 1 blood to become Camarilla Prince of Krakow until the end of the action.

More
14 Mar 2013 11:57 #46077 by Suoli

1. No big deal, it's just a different game like thousand others.

Based on the rumours posted here, it's not a different game like a thousand others. It's repurposed V:TES. Yes, it will attempt to leech players specifically from the V:TES playerbase. It would be an idiotic business move not to. This thread is basically about gauging to what extent the players are willing to migrate.

VtES is just as undead as it was before. New game can be boon just as likely as it can be burden.

Only if it turns out to be a) V:TES lite, an introductory course for real V:TES or b) backwards compatible. I don't see any other way V:TES could benefit from it.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lemminkäinen, Toqtamish, porphyrion

More
14 Mar 2013 13:40 #46078 by Jeff Kuta

Deflection! Redirection! B-)

PCK is pretty open about what we are doing. If you want to learn more, check out our blog at pckvtes.wordpress.com or follow us on twitter @pck_vtes.

When you are anvil, be patient; when a hammer, strike.
:CEL::DOM::OBF::POT::QUI:
pckvtes.wordpress.com
@pckvtes
The following user(s) said Thank You: Amenophobis, DeathInABottle, Count Orlok

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.112 seconds