file Lilith's Blessing : Propositions for a new text

04 Jun 2013 15:48 #49454 by Ashur

Anthelios generally also only helps the person who plays it, since unless you have multiple master phase actions, anthelios is pretty useless.

I disagree. Other people tend to fetch their Pentexes and so on, quite annoying.

Anyway, I hate Anthelious ALOT, but yet I can´t really see why people start to babble about all these other cards. Pascal has banned LB, and asked for help how to fix it. My take (which I will send in if not convinced not to by anyone):

Lilith's Blessing
Master
[1 Pool]
Master.
Put this card in play. As a master phase action, you may tap this card to search your library, hand or ash heap for a master: Discipline card and choose a ready non-Bahari vampire you control who has no blood. That vampire gains the Discipline card and 3 blood and becomes Bahari.

(I have no idea if this should be worded in some other way. The point is you need to fetch a skill card to get the blood, and you should be able to fetch it also from hand or ash heap, otherwise I think it´s too crappy.)

"My strategy? Luck is my strategy, of course."
The following user(s) said Thank You: ReverendRevolver

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
04 Jun 2013 16:40 #49455 by Suoli

Anyway, I hate Anthelious ALOT, but yet I can´t really see why people start to babble about all these other cards. Pascal has banned LB, and asked for help how to fix it.

I do agree that, outside very specific contexts, this is not a good place to discuss other cards at length. However, someone said that LB makes MMPA decks good, others disagreed. If a change to LB revolves around the existence of MMPA decks I think it's important to have a discussion about the general dynamics of those decks and how LB fits/doesn't fit into them.

My take (which I will send in if not convinced not to by anyone):

Lilith's Blessing
Master
[1 Pool]
Master.
Put this card in play. As a master phase action, you may tap this card to search your library, hand or ash heap for a master: Discipline card and choose a ready non-Bahari vampire you control who has no blood. That vampire gains the Discipline card and 3 blood and becomes Bahari.

(I have no idea if this should be worded in some other way. The point is you need to fetch a skill card to get the blood,

To tie the Discipline card and the blood in to the same clause, you could replace the last line with "If you do, that vampire becomes Bahari, gains the Discipline card and 3 blood".

and you should be able to fetch it also from hand or ash heap, otherwise I think it´s too crappy.)

Allowing ash heap means you can use a single Agent of Power over and over to satisfy the Discipline requirement. I'm all in favor of more singleton Agent of Powers but somebody else might say that it's more of a slight, probably inconsequential buff than a nerf to LB.

More
04 Jun 2013 16:46 #49456 by Ohlmann
And deck that use Lillith for discipline fetching were possible before (the main example being the Hermana potence deck that won a tournament in Spain), so Lillith Blessing would still have a use with mandatory skill fetching from library.

That being said, since the wanted outcome is more minion interaction, maybe Lillith could be triggered by a minion action instead of a master action ?

I.E. Lillith would allow you a bloodless vampire to become bahari, fetch a skill card, and gain 3 blood as a +1 stealth action, instead of mandatory hunting. That way, you'd better have something to not die horribly in combat since you could be intercepted.

(since it's quite an extreme nerf, maybe it could need some additional bonus, like untapping at end of turn or something. The 0 blood requirement on the other hand is tied to fluff IIRC)

More
04 Jun 2013 17:05 #49459 by johannes

Would the problem card in that case be Anthelios? Using MPAs simply to gain pool and dump cards into your ash heap doesn't seem like much of a problem.

I tend to think the problem card is one that can be played more than once per game, gives you pool, and helps only you.

Ascendance?
The following user(s) said Thank You: KevinM

More
04 Jun 2013 17:11 #49460 by fredsct

Pascal,
Is it supposed to be:
3) Consider everything between the artwork and art credit as blank and start with that.

Actually, I sure hope people don't take this approach! Any that do will be something I'd tend to oppose and campaign for others to oppose as well.

Folks, let's not forget that lots of copies exist out in peoples' card collections and the smaller and easier the change is from the original card mechanics, the lass problems it will cause in games. One of the worst, most annoying parts of the existing game are cards like Mind Rape that work completely differently from a lot of the copies of Mind Rape that people use in their decks. Having to explain such changes to newbies (and, "Yes, we're really NOT lying to you - the card you see before you really isn't what Mind Rape does!...") is a distraction the game doesn't need. I understand why some cards need to be changed. And having bothered to ban Lilith's Blessing, the change to bring it back now needs to be sufficient to truly address whatever problems the players have seen in the original card. That said, it helps a lot if the mechanics aren't changed more than necessary for these purposes.
The following user(s) said Thank You: direwolf

More
04 Jun 2013 18:03 #49461 by Ashur

Allowing ash heap means you can use a single Agent of Power over and over to satisfy the Discipline requirement.

Alright, I agree, that sucks. Back to the drawing board.

"My strategy? Luck is my strategy, of course."

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.121 seconds